Ethos and Values
The CORE values of commitment, ownership, responsibility and excellence underpin all that we do at IPACA.
- Commitment – all day, every day, working just as hard on Friday afternoon as we do on Monday morning.
- Ownership – we all have goals and targets and we know what we need to do to improve our own learning.
- Responsibility – because no one else can do it for us. We control our own destiny and we embrace the challenge.
- Excellence – in all that we do.
IPACA also actively promotes British Values- we expect our students, staff and parents to be active citizens in society.
- Respect – we celebrate and value differences between people and will always listen to their views even if we disagree with them. We respect the rights of others in school and the right of every student to learn; We observe these rights by ensuring that communication always happens in a non-threatening and/or aggressive manner.
- Democracy – privately casting a vote in the ballot box is fundamental to being an active citizen. IPACA students are actively encouraged to be aware of political issues and to vote when they are old enough.
- Equality – any child regardless of their background, through hard work, determination and perseverance should be able to achieve all they are capable of. Every student leaving IPACA as a young adult will have the will to ‘be the best they can be’. Every adult entering IPACA will seek to support opportunities for students to succeed.
In terms of day to day interactions around the school, we always observe a simple etiquette which makes each day a pleasant one for all concerned.
- Be Kind to each other thinking about the impact of our actions.
- Be Polite, saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ with a smile on our faces and speaking to each other in a manner in which we would want to be spoken to.
- Be Helpful, seeking to assist each other whenever possible.
Our behaviour policy and expectations uphold these values.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation"
Charles Kettering - Inventor