Fog Computing, Scheduling & Resource Allocation, Parallel & Distributed Computing.
Semester 1, academic year 2020 - 2010: CS 303 - Operating Systems.
Previously taught courses:
- CSL 604/704: Advanced Operating Systems, GE 103 - Introduction to Programming and Data Structures, GEL 103 - Introduction to Computing, CSL 301 - Introduction to Database Systems, CSL343 - Computer Networks, CSL 611 - Real Time Systems, CSL 711 - Distributed Systems, CS 303 - Operating Systems.
Program Committee Work
- The Fourteen IEEE International Conference on Big Data Science and Engineering (BigDataSE), January 2021, Guangzhou, China.
- Workshop on Cloud, IoT and Fog Security (CIFS), Auckland, New Zealand, December 2 - 5, 2019: http://cifs.servicelaboratory.ch/ .
- The Third IEEE International Conference on Fog and Edge Computing (ICFEC): 2018, 2019 and 2020: http://dream-lab.cds.iisc.ac.in/icfec2020/ .
- The Nineteenth IEEE International Conference on Scalable Computing and Communications (SCALCOM): 2018 and 2019.
- Student Research Symposium, The Twenty Third IEEE International conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC), Hyderabad, India, December 2016.
- Student Research Symposium, The Twenty Second IEEE International conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC), Bangalore, India, December 2015.
- M. Maruf, A. Singh, A. Azim and N. Auluck, "Resource Efficient Allocation of Fog Nodes for faster Vehicular OTA Updates", The IEEE International Symposium on Networks, Computers and Communication, Montreal, Canada, 2020.
- A. Kaur and N. Auluck, "A Fog based Fire Evacuation Framework", The Eighteenth Australasian Symposium of Parallel and Distributed Computing (AUSPDC), February 3 - 7, Melbourne, Australia, 2020.
- K. Fizza, N. Auluck, A. Azim, M. Maruf and A. Singh, "Faster OTA Updates in Smart Vehicles using Fog Computing", The Eighth International ACM Workshop on Cloud and Edge Computing and Applications Management (CloudAM), Auckland, New Zealand, December, 2019.
- K. Fizza, N. Auluck and A. Azim, "Improving the Schedulability of Real-Time Tasks using Fog Computing", IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 2019 (core ranking A*).
- A. Singh and N. Auluck, "Load Balancing Aware Scheduling Algorithms for Fog Networks", Journal of Software: Practice and Experience, Wiley, 2019 (core ranking A).
- A. Singh, N. Auluck, O. Rana, A. Jones, S. Nepal, "Scheduling Real-Time Security Aware Tasks in Fog Networks", IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 2019 (core ranking A*).
- S. Saroja and N. Auluck, "Multi-Criteria Decision Making for Heterogeneous Multiprocessors Scheduling", International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, vol. 17, no. 5, 2018.
- K. Fizza, N. Auluck, O. Rana and L. Bittencourt, "PASHE: Privacy aware Scheduling in a Heterogeneous Fog Environment", The Sixth IEEE International Conference on Future of Internet of Things and Cloud, August 6-8, Barcelona, Spain, 2018.
- K. Fizza, N. Auluck, A. Azim, "Improving the Interactivity and Security of Diabetes Data using Fog Computing (Poster)", The Ninth Student Research Conference, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Oshawa, Canada, May 3, 2018.
- A. Singh, N. Auluck, O. Rana, A. Jones, S. Nepal, "RT-SANE: Real-Time Security aware Scheduling on the Network Edge", The Tenth IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility & Cloud Computing (UCC), Austin, USA, December 5-8, 2017 (finalist for best paper award).
- I. Petri, O. Rana, J. Bignell, S. Nepal, and N. Auluck, "Incentivising Resource Sharing in Edge Computing Applications", The Fourteenth International Conference on Economies of Grids, Clouds, System and Services (GECON 2017), Anglet, France, September 19-21, 2017.
- J. Singh, A. Gujral, H. Singh, J. Singh, N. Auluck, “Energy Aware Scheduling on Heterogeneous Multiprocessors with DVFS & Duplication”, The Seventeenth IEEE International Conference on Parallel & Distributed Computing, Applications & Technologies (PDCAT) , Guangzhou, China, December 16 - 18, 2016.
- J. Singh, M. Pandey, E. Katiyar, R. Tulasyan, V. Gupta, N. Auluck, A Multi-objective Genetic Algorithm to Improve Power and Performance of Heterogeneous Multiprocessors, The IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed & Grid Computing, Shimla, December 22 - 24, 2016 (second best paper award).
- J. Singh and N. Auluck, "Real-Time Scheduling on Heterogeneous Multiprocessor Systems", The IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed & Grid Computing (PDGC 2016), Shimla, December 22-24, 2016.
- J. Singh, M. Pandey, E. Katiyar, R. Tulasyan, V. Gupta and N. Auluck, "A Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm to improve power and performance of heterogeneous multiprocessors", IEEE International Workshop on Network Computing and Data Management, Tianjin, China, August 23 - 26, 2016.
- J. Singh and N. Auluck, "Controlled duplication scheduling of real-time precedence tasks on heterogeneous multiprocessors", 19th Workshop on Job Scheduling Strategies for Parallel Processing, IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), May 25-29, Hyderabad, 2015.
- J. Singh, S. Betha, B. Mangipudi and N. Auluck, "Contention Aware Energy Efficient Scheduling on Heterogeneous Multiprocessors", IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 25, No. 5, 2015 (core ranking A*).
- J. Singh and N. Auluck, “ DVFS and Duplication based scheduling for optimizing Power and Performance in heterogeneous multiprocessors”, The 22nd ACM High Performance Computing Symposium, April 2014, Tampa, USA.
- J. Singh, B. Mangipudi, B. Sandeep and N. Auluck, "Restricted duplication based MILP formulation for scheduling task graphs on unrelated parallel machines", The IEEE International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms and Programming, Dec. 17-20, 2012, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 202 - 209.
- J. Singh and N. Auluck, "Controlled Duplication for Scheduling Real-Time Precedence Tasks on Heterogeneous Multiprocessors", The IEEE High Performance Computing Conference (HiPC), Student Research Symposium, December 18 - 21, 2011, Bengaluru, India.
- N. Auluck, "A Theoretical Framework for Improving the Schedulability of Hard and Soft Real-time Tasks on Heterogeneous Network of Workstations (NOWs)", The Third IEEE International Conference on Electronics and Computer Technology, ICECT 2011, Kanyakumari, India, pp. 277 - 282.
- N. Auluck and D. P. Agrawal, "Enhancing the Schedulability of Real-Time Heterogeneous Network of Workstations (NOWs)," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 20, No. 11, November, 2009, pp. 1586-1599 (core ranking A*).
- N. Auluck, "Duplication Based Integrated Scheduling of Hard and Soft Real-Time Tasks and Messages on Precedence Related Heterogeneous Network of Workstations (NOWs)," The Tenth IEEE High Assurance Systems Engineering Symposium, November 14-16, 2007, Dallas, Texas, USA, pp. 429-430.
- N. Auluck and D. P. Agrawal, "An Integrated Scheduling Algorithm for Precedence Constrained Hard and Soft Real-Time Tasks on Heterogeneous Multiprocessors," The International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC, 2004), August 25-27, Aizu, Japan, pp. 196-206.
- PhD: Computer Science & Engineering, University of Cincinnati, USA, 2005.
- BE: Electrical & Electronics Engineering, P.D.A. College of Engineering, Gulbarga, India, 1998.
- December 2015 - present: Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Ropar.
- June 2010 - November 2016: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Ropar.
- August 2004 - May 2010: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Quincy University, USA.
- Department of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK, March 2011.
- School of Computer Science & Informatics, Cardiff University, UK, October 2016 & May - July 2017.
- Department of Computer Science, Binghamton University, USA, July 2017.
- Anil Singh (PhD).
- Amanjot Kaur (PhD).
- Mansi Sahi (PhD).
- Jagpreet Singh (PhD, 2014), Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad, Swiss Government Excellence Fellow, SPCL Lab, ETH Zurich 2016 - 2017), https://it.iiita.ac.in/?pg=facultypage&uid=jagpreets.
- Kaneez Fizza (MS, 2019), PhD student, Swinburne University, Australia, 2019 - , https://kaneez0186.wixsite.com/mysite.
Prospective M. Tech., M. S. (Research) & PhD Students
Admission to the graduate program at CSE, IIT Ropar is quite competitive. It is our expectation that a graduate student will produce high quality research and publications in top tier journals and conferences. Emphasis is placed on the quality of the research rather than its quantity or the time duration. Graduate students receive a monthly stipend and have access to hostel, mess and lab facilities. Admission is ONLY though an entrance exam and interview that is usually conducted twice a year - in May and December. Please watch the institute website for further details and application procedure.
Have an interesting innovation idea? Consider applying to the IIT Ropar Center for Innovation and Business Incubation! Please send me email for more details.