Indian Symposium on Computer Systems
September 08--09, 2018 | IIT Hyderabad, Kandi, Sangareddy-502285
- Kishore Kothapalli, IIIT, Hyderabad
- Yogesh Simmhan, IISc, Bangalore
- Dibyendu Das, AMD
- Maunendra Desarkar, IIT Hyderabad
- Antony Franklin, IIT Hyderabad
- Saurabh Joshi, IIT Hyderabad
- Kotaro Kataoka, IIT Hyderabad
- Kishore Kothapalli, IIIT, Hyderabad
- Sparsh Mittal, IIT Hyderabad
- V Krishna Nandivada, IIT Madras
- Srijith P.K, IIT Hyderabad
- Suresh Purini, IIIT Hyderabad
- Venugopal Raghavan, AMD
- Lavanya Ramapantulu, IIIT Hyderabad
- Archana Ravindar, IBM
- Subhajit Roy, IIT Kanpur
- Smriti Sarangi, IIT Delhi
- Yogesh Simmhan, IISc, Bangalore
- Manish Singh, IIT Hyderabad
- Subodh Sharma, IIT Delhi
- Bheemarjuna Reddy Tamma, IIT Hyderabad
- Ramakrishna Upadrasta, IIT Hyderabad
The fifth Indian Symposium on Computer Systems Research (Indosys) will be held at IIT Hyderabad during 08--09 Sep, 2018. One of the aims of this workshop is to provide for long-term and sustainable mentoring to faculty and their students working in the broad area of computer systems research through year-long projects. This provides an opportunity for the faculty and the student to work with some of the leading research groups in the country and conduct high quality research leading to a good publications. IndoSys is also meant to be a forum for leading systems researchers to meet, network and share their ongoing work with their peers, and help establish collaborations.
- 6th September 2018: Participant registration open. (See below in registration section.)
- 5th September 2018: Conference Schedule is announced. (Google-doc link.)
- 31st August 2018: List of accepted papers announced.
- 27th August 2018: Coming up: Detailed Program.
- 27th August 2018: 5 papers and 5 posters selected.
- 21st August 2018: Coming up: Selected papers!
- 21st August 2018: Coming up: Call for participation.
- 20th August 2018: Submissions closed. 27 submissions received!
- 16th August 2018: Call For Papers Deadline Extended till 19th August 2018, Sunday.
- 4th July 2018: Call For Papers Posted.
- Bhargavi K and Sathish Babu. An Uncertainty-Aware Resource Provisioning in the Cloud using Type-2 Soft-Set based Inverse Reinforcement Learning.
- Sanjeetha R and Anita Kanavalli. Mitigation of DDoS attack induced by exploiting flow table size limitation of switches on Controller & Primary Servers in Software Defined Networks.
- Swathikrishna P D and M P Gilesh. Control Path Failure Detection and Recovery in Software Defined Networks.
- Anala R, Aditya Ravichandran and Gourish Biradar. Load Balancing and Bottleneck Detection in SMP Multiprocessor Systems.
- Anala R, Disha B Hegde, Sravanti K Ramesh and Varun E. Dynamic Neural Network Based Branch Predictor.
- Sneha M and Dr. Shobha G.: Congestion Avoidance Technique for Data Center Networks Using Software Defined Networks.
- Annapurna P Patil, Kanaka Samagna T S, Kevin George and Mahima Rao: Analysis Of Big-Five Personality Traits Using Facial Images and Text Inputs.
- C C Darshan Thimmaiah, Disha Sanjay, Deeksha Nayak, Diya B B and Gururaj H L: Decentralized Electronic Medical Records.
- Pradeep Kumar D, Kumar Gaurav, Manollas M and Antariksh Guha: Object Detection Of Daily Life Objects For The Differently Abled.
- Geetha Reddy, Akanksh B S and Koushik A S: Intelligent Daily Scheduler.
List of Speakers
- Dr. M V Panduranga Rao, IITH
- Dr. Kannan Srinathan, IIIT-H
- Dr. Yogish Sabharwal, IBM India
- Dr. Arkaprava Basu, IISc Bangalore
- Dr. Naveen Sivadasan, TCS Research
- Dr. Suresh Purini, IIIT-H
- Dr. Sathya Peri, IITH
CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite faculty (accompanied with 1-2 student(s)) in any college in India to write a 2 page proposal on a research problem they would like to solve. This can be in the form of a short “work in progress paper” or a "position paper". The proposal should include (1) a problem description, (2) novelty of the problem and existing related literature, (3) the technical solution proposed to be used and its impact, (4) prior preparation/work in progress, and (5) the mentorship required.
Topics include but not limited to:
- Design of Parallel and Distributed Algorithms
- Power and Energy Efficient Algorithms
- Parallel Algorithms for Numerical Linear Algebra
- Load Balancing, Scheduling and Resource Management
- Parallel Graph Algorithms
- Algorithms for Combinatorial and Scientific Computing
- Concurrent Data Structures
- Parallel Algorithms for Computational Biology
- Interconnection Networks, Cache/Memory Architectures for High Performance Computing
- High Performance/Scalable Storage Systems
- Power-Efficient and Reconfigurable Architectures
- Resilient and Fault Tolerant Architectures
- Hardware Acceleration for Parallel Applications
- Parallelism in Scientific Data Visualization
- Compiler Technologies for High-Performance Computing
- Exascale Computing, Cloud Platforms, Data Center Architectures and Services
- Parallel Languages, Programming Environments, and Performance Assessment
- Big Data platforms and Systems
Your proposal will be evaluated by a small committee and teams whose proposals that are found suitable will be invited to attend the IndoSys symposium.
Faculty whose proposals are accepted for this program are required to attend the Indosys workshop during 08th-09th September, 2018 at IIT Hyderabad. The team is expected to present their problem idea in a short 10 minute presentation, followed by a 10 minute discussion. Based on the problem area, you will be assigned a mentor(s) for further discussion of the topic and refinement. Promising topics will be assigned mentors for long-term support who will guide and shepherd the research progress. You will discuss with your mentor(s) to come up with timelines and logistics.
Faculty are strongly encouraged to bring with them their research scholars or students being guided (maximum 2). However, students alone, unaccompanied by faculty, are not permitted.
We invite Short Research Papers, papers describing Work-in-Progress, or Position Papers need to describe an innovative solution, or in-progress solution, or a research idea of merit, in the areas of interest.
Submitted manuscripts should be in the IEEE double-column conference format and may not exceed 4 pages including figures, tables and references. Click here to download the necessary style files. Manuscripts are to be submitted electronically via the Easychair website via this link. The submission system only accepts PDF files.
Registration is through two modes: Author registration and participant registration.
- Author Registration is only open to authors which have submitted papers and that have been accepted. At least one author for each accepted paper MUST register and present the paper. (This is closed.)
- Participant Registration is open to any interested audience, like faculty/students of CS teaching institutions. Attendees can register for the symposium through the following link: Registration page (Link active!)
IndoSys charges a nominal registration fee to cover basic costs, thanks to our sponsors and volunteers. Hence, due to the limited seats available and in the spirit of broader research participation, we will review your registration information and respond within 48 hours with a confirmation.
NOTE : Registration is not complete and accepted until you receive a confirmation email.
Participants will be responsible for making travel and lodging arrangements.
CALL FOR TUTORIAL PROPOSALS
We solicit tutorial proposals on effective teaching methodologies and courses, open source systems tools, building state-of-the-art research activities, and on soft skills such as technical writing, and effective presentation of research ideas. Tutorials will be 2 hours long. Tutorial proposal should by up to 2 pages long and provide information on the title and abstract, who organizers are and their experience, goals of the tutorial, types of target audience (researchers, faculty, students, practitioners, etc.), topics to be covered, format (hands on activity, presentation, etc.), and facilities and equipment required. The page limit for tutorial proposals is 2 pages. Proposals for tutorials can be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Proposal submission : August 19th, 2018 Notification of acceptance : August 24th, 2018 Deadline for registration : August 31st, 2018
- Symposium : September 8th and 9th, 2018