I am a 3rd year Ph.D. student working with Professor Zhiling Lan in Computer Science at Illinois Institute of Technology. My research interests focus on job scheduling and resource management in High Performance Computing (HPC).
- Job Scheduling and Resource Management
- Log Analysis
- Performance Modeling
1. William Allcock, Paul Rich, Yuping Fan, and Zhiling Lan, "Experience and Practice of Batch Scheduling on Leadership Supercomputers at Argonne", Workshop on Job Scheduling Strategies for Parallel Processing (JSSPP), 2017. [PDF]
2. Yuping Fan, Paul Rich, William E. Allcock, Michael E. Papka, and Zhiling Lan, "Trade-off between Prediction Accuracy and Underestimation Rate in Job Runtime Estimates", IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (Cluster), 2017. [PDF]
3. Peixin Qiao, Xin Wang, Xu Yang, Yuping Fan and Zhiling Lan, "Preliminary Interference Study about Job Placement and Routing Algorithms in the Fat-tree Topology for HPC Applications", IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (Cluster), 2017. [PDF]
4. Li Yu, Zhou Zhou, Yuping Fan, Michael E. Papka, and Zhiling Lan, "System-Wide Tradeoff Modeling of Performance,Power, and Resilience on Petascale Systems", The Journal of Supercomputing, 2017. [PDF]