How to get a budget approved?
2. Submit a new budget request in your HawkLink account: https://iit.campuslabs.com/engage/actioncenter
How to Submit a Budget Request in HawkLink
- Sign in to your account using your IIT login
- Click on the organization you wish to create a budget for (in this case "Pi Kappa Phi")
- In the header, click the three lines next to your organization name. Click on "Finance" near the bottom of the list.
- In the top right-hand corner, click on the blue "Create New Request" button. Click on "Create Budget Request".
- Give your budget a name (e.g. "Fall 2019 Events & Programming", "Fall Conference", etc.)
- Add a brief description of what it is your requesting and why it's beneficial to those attending.
3. Attach a Google Doc to your budget with evidence of the prices your are requesting for (e.g. screenshots, links to website)
A few reminders and tips to keep in mind:
- Share the Google Doc to allow anyone with the link to comment. This will ensure that myself and the Advisors on Finance Board will be able to fully review your proposal.
- Include screenshots of quotes and prices of items on websites that you would potentially would want to purchase from.
- Be as detailed and as accurate as possible. We understand that you may not exactly everything planned out just yet, but do your best.
- Briefly explain the "why?". In a few sentences (or more if necessary for what may seem unusual), explain why this purchase benefits student life and/or the success of your event.
- Planning for contingency is acceptable. Requesting slightly more than you may expect (~5-10%) for contingency purposes is acceptable (i.e. planning in case of getting more attendees than expected, not knowing exactly how many decorations to get, etc.). Do not make this excessive though.
As always, please feel free to contact myself (email@example.com) or Finance Board (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or need additional clarification. We will do our best to respond as soon as possible within 1 to 2 business days.