Specialist Housing Service
Ipswich Housing & Support Services Inc (IHSSI) works in collaboration with the Department of Housing and Public Works, Community Housing providers and local Real Estates to assist people in securing affordable accommodation. We would request that any prospective clients apply, or, be on the Department of Housing and Public Works waiting list. Information of this process is available at our centre, along with other Department of Housing and Public Works information.
How do We Assist? -
- Provision of Supported Emergency Accommodation for single women and families with children in their care, for their duration of need.
- Assistance, advocacy, information & support with securing stable appropriate accommodation.
- Assistance, advocacy, information & support with underlying issues to current housing crisis.
Primary Goal -
- To provide single women and families in housing crisis with accommodation, support and assistance to re-establish themselves within the community.
What is Supported Accommodation? -
- We offer independent short-term accommodation in houses within the local area at a reduced rental. We offer to support and provide assistance to you throughout the duration of need.
- Assistance is provided to explore safe, affordable and secure housing alternatives, and to finalise any outstanding previous housing issues, such as TICA listings that may be preventing clients from obtaining accommodation.
- Referrals and advocacy on behalf of the client in relation to other issues may be made where necessary, to other more appropriate services or programs such as professional counselling.
- We will work with clients in a supportive, holistic and non-judgemental manner to assist clients in achieving independence, self-sufficiency and to alleviate the impact of homelessness.
Who is Eligible? -
- Single women and families of any composition are welcome to apply for housing. You MUST be experiencing difficulties keeping or finding suitable accommodation. Families MUST also have a child or children in your care. An interview does not guarantee housing.
How to Apply -
- Please contact our office direct to discuss your situation with a Housing Support Worker at 3816 1435.
- We will accept referrals from other agencies.
If We are Eligible, When Can we be Housed? -
- Single women are accommodated as a room becomes available. Families are accommodated as a house becomes vacant.
- There is an interview process.
- Regretfully we can not provide housing to everyone, however we can provide further information about alternative accommodation.