Welcome to ICS Addis
New Family Orientations:
- Week of 7 August: new families arrive in Addis
- 7-9 August: MS/HS families complete scheduling with counselors
- The counseling office will contact families in May/June to schedule meetings for August
- 10 August: MS/HS families attend orientation (8:00 AM - 2:30 PM)
- 11 August: ES families attend orientation (8:00 - 10:30 AM & 1:00 - 3:30 PM)
- Families with last names from A-L attend the morning session: 8:00 - 10:30 AM
- Families with last names from M-Z attend the afternoon session: 1:00 - 3:30 PM
- Early childhood families already in Addis may attend an EC orientation on Thursday 4 May, instead of the ES orientation in August. EC families who are unable to attend the May orientation are welcome at the ES orientation.
Start of School:
- 14 August 2017: first day of school for all students
- Early childhood students will have a special schedule for the first week of school
- Kindergarten students will have a special schedule for the first two days of school
- MS/HS students must meet with counselors and complete scheduling prior to starting school
Student Support Fees:
ICS charges additional fees for specialized educational services, including occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, educational psychology assessments and the Transition Program. Need for services is determined by ICS and neither services nor fees may be waived.
- EC is Early Childhood (EC2, EC3, EC4): preschool for 2-4 year olds
- ES is Elementary School: kindergarten to grade 5, but often includes early childhood as well
- MS is Middle School: grades 6-8
- HS is High School: grades 9-12
- PYP is the Primary Years Program: curricular framework in ES
- IBDP or IB is the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program: two year diploma program completed in grades 11 and 12
To Do List: Before and After Your Arrival in Addis
Before Arriving in Addis
- Submit Enrollment Contract (issued upon acceptance, through the OpenApply system)
- MS/HS students: purchase school supplies. Many items are available in the ICS school store. More information on school supplies will be shared once the supply lists are updated.
- For MS/HS students, submit all course requests to Admissions Office and schedule any needed assessments. Admissions will provide further information.
After Arriving in Addis
- Submit emergency contact form or provide one or more local contact numbers to the Admissions Office if the form cannot yet be fully completed
- Submit final report cards and/or official transcripts (for high school students); documents can be emailed directly from your current school
- Come to reception to have your photo taken for your parent ID card, if not done during orientation
- Submit ID form and police clearance for household staff (driver, nanny, etc)
- For MS/HS students, purchase physical education (PE) uniform at school store
After Starting School
- Make tuition payment (generally due two weeks after student begins school)
- Access the ICS wifi network (GuestNet) - username and password are posted in the Community Commons and the cafeteria
- Get involved! Meet the PTA and Booster Club, come to parent and student events, spend time on our beautiful campus.