Saturday 9 February from 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Be sure to have your country's traditional dress ready to wear!
- Global Fashion Show celebrating all the countries represented at ICS.
- International Student Performances.
- Food & Drinks, Cultural Tables, Farmer's Market and more!
If you want to sign up for a cultural table, please email the PCL@icsaddis.org by Monday 21 Jan
Head of School Parent Forum
The next Head of School Parent Forum will be on Wednesday 30 January at 6:30 -8:00 PM in the upper commons. Come hear Dr. Tim talk about our personalized learning experience. There will be time for open Q&A of Tim and the leadership team. See you there!
Visit From the Truman Group
We are having representatives from the Truman come to work with our counselors and teachers and we are offering parent sessions.
The Truman Group offers; "Psychological Care for Expats – Help from Home. The Truman Group provides high quality mental health consultation and psychotherapy to expatriates living overseas. We treat a wide range of issues through secure, confidential, live video connection, linking compassionate, experienced English-speaking counselors with expatriates across the world. Most of our providers have either lived overseas themselves or have extensive experience treating people who have lived and worked internationally. In short, we understand both the joys and demands that accompany living in a foreign country and culture."
Here are the upcoming parent sessions:
- 12 February, 3:45 -4:30 PM, Upper Commons | Taking Care of Yourself/Family--Understanding the Truman Group and The Services They Provide to Expats
- 13 February, 8:00 - 9:00 AM, Upper Commons | ES Parent Session--Supporting Young Children with Managing Their Emotions
- 24 February, 8:00-9:00 AM, Upper Commons | MS/HS Parent Session--“Helping Teens Manage Stress and Difficult Emotions”
For more information email the ICS Office Of Learning at email@example.com
ICS Walk & Run 23 February
The ICS Walk & Run is an annual event to raise funds for charities and ICS Student-led service learning projects. This year : Saturday Feb 23, registration starts @ 9 , the run will be from 10:30 - 11:30 AM.
Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!
For Prospective New Students: Early Childhood and Kindergarten Open House at ICS Addis
If you have a young child not enrolled at ICS, please attend our Open House on Friday 1 February! Families interested in the early childhood and kindergarten programs at ICS (ages 2-6) are welcome to attend the Open House on Friday 1 February 2019 at 3:00 PM. Register your interest here, to receive more information.
ICS Focus on Service
The ICS Focus on Service Group is run by grade 11 students, whose mission is to support meaningful service learning projects run by students at ICS.
The FOS Group has established a FOS Group Fund that is available to any ICS student group that needs financial support to get their project up and running. This fund will grow from the proceeds from the Annual Walk & Run and CAS Fair, as well as from donations from the ICS Community.
For more information about the Focus on Service Group please contact the FOS Advisor, Erik Hathaway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FOS Group will review and approve grants based on the following minimum requirements:
- A clearly articulated demonstration for need
- The service project goals/outcomes have to be measurable.
- Established leadership - must be clear as to who is accountable and for what.
Students wishing to apply online for a service learning grant, click HERE.
For more information about the Focus on Service Group or to volunteer at the Annual Walk & Run, please contact the FOS Advisor, Erik Hathaway at email@example.com.
To make a donation directly to the FOS Fund, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you plan to leave ICS before the last day of school, please notify us in writing at least two weeks before your last day, so we can be prepared for your departure. You can send an email to email@example.com or notify us in person at the reception desk.
- ICS NEWS: Check out more stories about ICS HERE.
- You can access the 2019-20 school calendar on the Quick Links page of the Community Portal on our website HERE.
- Lunch Account alerts: You can sign up to receive SMS alerts every time your child makes a purchase or when you have a low balance. To sign up email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missing something? The Lost & Found has several unclaimed items. It is located by the nurses office, across the student store.
Health & Security Blog
From time to time the school share security and safety information from around the city and the country. It's best to check the blog every so often. You can access the blog HERE.
Check out more stuff in the footer!
Connect with us on our social media, view the weekly menu, check out the weekly stories, reserve a spot in the Sports Pavilion...and more!