Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Primer Course | 区块链与加密货币基础课
Course Code: IBS01-BCPC
Learning Mode: Face-to-face class
From concept formation and ideation of blockchain to proliferation of blockchain applications (with cryptocurrency as one of the application) and international standardization in the near future. There is a rising trend in business use case of blockchain and growing interest to understand and know how blockchain and cryptocurrency works.
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Primer Course (BCPC) provides fundamental concepts of Fintech, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency to the participants and practical knowledge of creating a blockchain wallet, exchange account and performing a blockchain transaction. Participants will go through mini lectures, group discussions, demonstrations and hands-on activities during the course.
BCPC has been running for 12 runs since Oct 2017 in Singapore, Hong Kong & Dubai.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
LO1 (Level 1)
• Define the meaning of Blockchain
• Identify the types of Blockchain
LO2 (Level 2):
• Discuss about the pros & cons of different types of blockchain
• Describe the characteristics or features of Blockchain
LO3 (Level 3):
• Display ability to view blockchain transactions using a blockchain explorer
• Execute a Blockchain transaction over Ethereum/IOST blockchain
LO4 (Level 4):
• Analyze the relationship between Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
• Distinguish the difference between Smart Contract & Traditional Contract
LO5 (Level 5):
• Recommend a Blockchain Business Model for an Industry.
• Compare ICO, IEO, STO and IDO
• Introduction to Blockchain & Fintech (3 hours)
- Terminologies of Blockchain
- Brief History of Blockchain & Fintech
- What is Fintech?
- Blockchain in Fintech Ecosystem
- Overview of Blockchain
- What is Blockchain?
• Types of Blockchain
• Blockchain Features
• Blockchain Wallets & Explorers
• Blockchain Applications & Use Cases (2 hour)
- Decentralized Applications (DApps)
- Smart Contract
- Industry Use Cases
• The Future of Blockchain & Cryptocurrency (1 hour)
- Blockchain Business Models & Strategy
- Standards & Regulations
- Blockchain Trends: IEO, Stablecoins, STOs & IDO
- Blockchain Adoption & Challenges
• Formative Assessment
Next Course Run: 31 Aug 2019 (PA's course fees: $112.50 per pax)
Duration: 8 hours (10AM to 6PM)
Minimum Class Size: 5 to commence class
Maximum Class Size: 20
Venue: Tampines Changkat Community Club Multi-Purpose Hall (Organised by People's Association)
Trainer(s): Alvin Chua, ACTA
- No prior knowledge in Fintech, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency required
- Participants are encouraged to bring at least one of the following: Laptops, Tablets, Smart Phones with chargers.
- Before Course: Kindly email to admin＠ibs.edu.sg
- During Course: Trainer(s) are on-site to provide support
- After Course: Participants can join our Telegram group or continue to email email@example.com
Funding: No Funding Available.
- Full-Time Students: $28 per pax
- Seniors (above 55 years old): $68 per pax
- Individuals: $118 per pax
- IBS's Strategic Partners: $2500 per organisation (up to 30 pax)
- NPO/VWC/Government Agencies: $3000 per organisation (up to 30 pax)
- SMEs/MNCs: $3500 per organisation (up to 30 pax)
Payment Modes Accepted:
*Cash payment is not accepted, an e-invoice will be sent to your email.
- PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PayNow to UEN: 201901394N
- Internet/ATM Fund Transfer to: OCBC
- Cheque payable to Institute of Blockchain Ltd
- IOST Address: 65mhSSFFEciwRws5na5gmFp3N4osUimoXn157sBhGHYa
There shall be strictly no refund.
Exception: 100% refund of course fees will be processed if,
- The course is cancelled by organiser
- Participant withdraw more than 7 days before course date
- For withdrawal less than 7 days before course date, valid reasons such as a) Medical, b) Last Minute Travel Plans and c) Compassionate Grounds with valid documentations are submitted to email@example.com
- Valid documents accepted are medical certificate of self or next-of-kin, travel itinerary or death certificate.
Assessment & Certification
- There will be a formative assessment for the course. Assessment take into account the total % of class participation points. Class participation includes a) Open-Ended Question b) Poll c) Collaboration - Group Discussion d) Quiz conducted during the course.
- Participants will receive a e-Certificate of Completion upon satisfying 75% of the attendance, attained 70% class participation rate and completed end of course evaluation form.