TABLE OF CONTENTS January 9, 2020
Do you use Shutterfly to preserve those special moments?
Are you interested in raising funds to support Porter Students?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, please visit
Porter will earn 8% for all orders placed through Porter’s Shutterfly Storefront!
Substitutes needed in the areas of classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, and facility technicians (custodians).
If you are interested please visit the main office for an application. Fingerprinting and a background check are required.
Daily rate is $90.
Middle School Porter Pride Assembly
You are invited to join us on Thursday, January 23rd from 8:45-9:45 a.m. in the Porter Cafe as we recognize accomplishments of students & staff!
- Kindergarten Registration for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Preschool Screenings for Columbia children turning 3 by December 31, 2020 and any 4-year-old children not previously screened (and not turning 5 by December 31, 2020)
The Preschool Lottery application is now available online at hwporter.org. The lottery application process closes on Friday, March 27. The lottery will be held on April 2, 2020. You do not need to be present for the lottery. If you have any questions, please call Deborah Dupuis at (860) 228-0585.
- January Lunch Menu
CONGRATUATIONS & THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN PORTER'S FALL BOOK FAIR!
WE SOLD 1,589 BOOKS, WHICH EQUALED 286,055 VOLUNTARY READING MINUTES!
- Columbia Troop 162B and 162G Tree Removal Service
- Troop 162G, Columbia's Scouts BSA Girl's troop is open to new members ages 11-17 that are interested in camping with us, or joining us for a canoeing trip on the Connecticut River this spring. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you.
- ADHD Support Group
- Shop at Stop N Shop? Support our school by signing up your Reward Card with us.
- MCC Summer Programs
Attendance makes a Difference!
Did you know that attending school every day is so important for your child’s academic success? Well it is. Now that we are getting into the cold and flu season here are a few tips keep your child healthy:
· Get a flu shot. It is the most important thing you can do to prevent the flu, for you and your child
· Ensure they wash their hands well and often. Use water and soap. Lather up and scrub for at least 20 seconds. Dry with a clean towel.
· Keep children hydrated and provide good nutrition.
· Make sure children are getting adequate sleep.
· Encourage children to avoid touching their eyes, mouth, or nose with their hands.
· Remind children to cough into their elbow
If your child develops the following symptoms of the flu then keep them home: fever over 100.4, aching muscles, chills and sweats, headache, cough, fatigue and weakness, sore throat. If you have questions please contact the school nurse at 860-228-9493