Performing Arts Camp
Registration for 2019 Camp is now OPEN!
2019 Summer Camp Dates and Locations
June 10-14 Grand Rapids Camp
Camp Location: Rush Creek Bible Church (2334 76th St SW, Byron Center, MI 49315)
Performance Location: Rush Creek Bible Church (2334 76th St SW, Byron Center, MI 49315)
June 17-21 Kalamazoo Camp
Camp Location: Comstock Community Auditorium (2107 N 26th St, Kalamazoo, MI 49048)
Performance Location: Comstock Community Auditorium (2107 N 26th St, Kalamazoo, MI 49048)
June 24-28 Lansing Camp
Camp Location: Capitol City Baptist Church (5100 Willoughby Rd, Holt, MI 48842)
Performance Location: Holt Middle School (1784 North Aurelius Road, Holt, MI 48842)
INTRODUCING YOUR CAMP STAFF
Camp Director: Heidi Olson
Music Director: Joel Snyder
Choreographer: Jessica Bradt
Instructor: Abby Pletcher
There is no registration deadline for Show Camp. Show Camp is limited to 85 students and is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. After all spots have been filled, students will have the option to be put on a waitlist.
Registration for Encore will close on Monday one week prior to the start of the respective cities’ camp start date. Students will be notified of their placement in either Encore or Act 3 by the Wednesday before camp.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show Camp: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-1:00pm; Friday 12:00pm-9:00pm.
Encore Camp: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-2:00pm; Friday 9:00am-9:00pm.
Camp Performance: Friday evening at 6:00pm. All Show and Encore Campers must be present.
Show Camp will cover many aspects of drama and musical theatre performance including:
- Actor Training (Memorization & Performance)
- Vocal Performance (Chorus--no solos required)
- Choreography (Standard Steps, Group Performance)
- Scene Blocking and more!
- Show Camp is open to all home-educated students ages 8 and up (by 9/1/19) who are interested in drama and musical theatre.
- Students will be divided into three “Acts” according to their ages and experience, maximizing each camper’s experience by allowing actors with similar levels of experience to be in the same groups together.
- Students involved in Show Camp should expect to spend 30-60 minutes outside of camp working on material each day.
This is a not-to-miss opportunity for more advanced performers looking for a highly individualized and interactive experience!
New: Encore students must email email@example.com with their answer to this question: Why do you wish to be considered for Encore and what are you excited to learn from the experience? Failure to email the answer to this question will disqualify students from Encore. Registration for Encore will close on Monday one week prior to the respective cities’ camp start dates. Students will be notified of their placement in either Encore or Act 3 by the Wednesday before camp.
Encore sections are limited to a maximum of four members per focus with possible exceptions depending on the individual cities’ needs. There will be no more than 12 members in Encore.
- Encore students will be in a separate track, focusing on vocals, choreography, and Performing Scripture.
- During the camp day, Encore students will work on putting a piece of Scripture to life using rhythm, movement, and various theatrical tools.
- Encore students will be held to a higher standard and should expect to spend an additional 1-3 hours working on material outside of camp each day.
- Encore runs an additional hour Monday-Thursdays (1-2pm) when campers separate into their focus areas.
- When registering, students should choose one of the following focus areas:
- Monologue/Character building - must have 2 one-minute monologues prepared for the first day. They will perform one of their monologues at the camp performance.
- Dance/Movement - will be prepared to do a solo or duet dance piece at the camp performance
- Vocal Technique/Development - will be prepared to sing a solo or duet for the camp performance
- Encore is open to home-educated students ages 14 and older who receive camp director's approval based upon prior performing arts experience. While the camp directors must determine that all students are mature enough to enjoy the focus and intensity of Encore camp, here are some general guidelines for attendance:
- Freshman: Performed in at least 5 major productions and/or has attended camp at least 3 years and with fewer productions.
- Sophomores: Performed in at least 4 major productions and/or has attended camp at least 2 years and with fewer productions.
- Juniors: Performed in at least 2 major productions and/or has attended camp at least 2 years and with fewer productions.
- Seniors: Performed in at least 1 major production and/or has attended camp at least 1 year.
Encore Camp Pricing
$175 for each student. There are no sibling discounts for Encore Camp.
Show Camp Pricing
1 Student = $115
2 Students = $100 = $200 total
3 Students = $90 each = $270 total
4 Students = $80 each = $320 total
5+ Students = $75 each