Registration for Summer Camp 2017 is closed.
We will open registration for 2018 camps in April of 2018.
2018 Summer Camp Dates
June 4-8 Grand Rapids Camp
June 11-15 Lansing Camp
June 18-22 Kalamazoo Camp
Show Camp: Monday-Thursday 9:00-1:00; Friday 12:00-6:00.
Encore Camp: Monday-Thursday 9:00-2:00; Friday 9:00am-9:00pm.
Camp Performance Friday evening at 6:00pm. All Show and Encore Campers must be present.
Encore Campers will perform separately after a short break following the first performance.
Show Camp will cover many aspects of drama and musical theatre performance including:
- Actor Training (Memorization & Performance)
- Vocal Performance (Chorus--no solos required)
- Choreography (Standard Steps, Group Performance)
- Scene Blocking, and more!
- Show Camp is open to all home-educated students ages 8 and up (by 9/1/17) who are interested in drama and musical theatre.
- Students will be divided into three “Acts” according to their ages and experience, maximizing each camper’s experience by allowing actors with similar levels of experience to be in the same groups together.
This is a not-to-miss opportunity for more advanced performers looking for a highly individualized and interactive experience!
- Encore students will be in a separate track, focusing on vocals, choreography, and Performing Scripture.
- Encore runs an additional hour Monday-Thursdays (1-2pm) when campers separate into their focus area.
- Encore will have a separate final performance which will begin shortly after the first performance ends.
- When registering, students should choose one of the following focus areas:
- Monologue/Character building- must have 2 one-minute monologues prepared for the first day
- Dance/Movement - will be prepared to do a solo or duet dance piece at the camp performance
- Vocal Technique/Development- will be prepared to sing a solo or duet for the camp performance
- Encore is open to home-educated students ages 14 and older who receive camp director's approval based upon prior performing arts experience. While the camp directors must determine that all students are mature enough to enjoy the focus and intensity of Encore camp, here are some general guidelines for attendance:
- Freshman: Performed in at least 5 major productions and/or has attended camp at least 3 years and with fewer productions.
- Sophomores: Performed in at least 4 major productions and/or has attended camp at least 2 years and with fewer productions.
- Juniors: Performed in at least 2 major productions and/or has attended camp at least 2 years and with fewer productions.
- Seniors: Performed in at least 1 major production and/or has attended camp at least 1 year.
Encore Camp is $165 for each student. There are no sibling discounts for Encore Camp.
Show Camp Pricing
1 Student = $115
2 Students = $100 = $200 total
3 Students = $90 each = $270 total
4 Students = $80 each = $320 total
5+ Students = $75 each