2ND STAGE

Shows for 9-12 year olds

Previously called HPA Kids!

A Year With Frog and Toad KIDS: Waking from hibernation in the Spring, Frog and Toad plant gardens, swim, rake leaves, and even go sledding! They have lots of entertaining interactions with their unique neighbors, and everyone learns life lessons along the way. Part vaudeville, part make believe, all charm, A Year With Frog and Toad KIDS tells the story of a friendship that endures, weathering all seasons.

2018 FALL SEMESTER: Grand Rapids

2019 SPRING SEMESTER: Kalamazoo & Lansing

Disney's The Jungle Book KIDS: The jungle is jumpin’ with jazz! Join Mowgli, Baloo, King Louie and the gang as they swing their way through madcap adventures and thwart the ferocious tiger, Shere Khan. Specially adapted from the beloved Disney film, this musical includes all your favorite tunes, like “The Bare Necessities,” and “I Wan’na Be Like You.” With colorful characters and that toe-tapping jungle rhythm, Disney's The Jungle Book KIDS is sure to be a crowd-pleaser for all ages.

2018 FALL SEMESTER: Kalamazoo & Lansing

2019 SPRING SEMESTER: Grand Rapids

Participant Information

2ND STAGE is a program for students 9-12 which was previously called HPA Kids!. Students ages 9-12 as of September 1 for are eligible for both Fall and Spring shows. Students who are 9 by January 1 can join the Spring show.

How are 2ND STAGE shows different from Mainstage shows?

    • Performances are under an hour long and have limited sets, props, and costumes.
    • Parents are not required to serve on committees or sell ads to support the show. Although the performance is important, the purpose is individual actor development.
    • There are approximately 10 weekly rehearsals prior to show (some variation for each show).
    • There is one performance date with two shows. Ticket prices for the performances are minimal and immediate family members receive free tickets to one show.

Are there auditions? Students may sign up via the website. Everyone who signs up will receive a role. Auditions for specific roles will be held on the first rehearsal day for each show.

Tuition Rates for StageWorks

Tuition for StageWorks is based upon the number of semesters for which a family is registering. The semester rate is defined as the total number of semesters for which you are registering, regardless of whether those semesters are for multiple students in one semester or the same student in multiple semesters. The amount of "semesters" applies across StageWorks (1ST STAGE and 2ND STAGE) but NOT Mainstage tuition.

Example: If you submit a registration for 2 of your children in both semesters of 2ND STAGE and 1 child for only the fall semester of 1ST STAGE, you will receive the 5 semester rate (2 semesters of 2ND STAGE x 2 children, plus 1 semester of 1ST STAGE).

If you end up contacting us within 10 days of submitting your registration to let us know you've changed your mind in any way, we will make adjustments as needed. After 10 days, if you decide to add 1 additional semester you will be charged the 1-semester rate for that registration. If after 10 days you decide to drop a student from a semester, the 70% which has been paid will not be refunded; however, the remaining 30% due will be adjusted.

Tuition includes a show t-shirt for each cast member and complimentary tickets to one performance for immediate family.

1 semester rate: $190

2 semesters rate: $340 when purchased together (savings of $20 per semester)

3 semesters rate: $435 when purchased together (savings of $45 per semester)

4 semesters rate: $480 when purchased together (savings of $70 per semester)

5 semesters rate: $550 when purchased together (savings of $80 per semester)

6 semesters rate: $600 when purchased together (savings of $90 per semester)

7 semesters rate: $665 when purchased together (savings of $95 per semester)

8 semesters rate: $720 when purchased together (savings of $100 per semester)

9 semesters rate: $765 when purchased together (savings of $105 per semester)

10 semesters rate: $850 when purchased together (savings of $105 per semester)

11 semesters rate: $935 when purchased together (savings of $105 per semester)

12 semesters rate: $1020 when purchased together (savings of $105 per semester)

Rate adjustments for additional students, cancellations, refunds will only be accommodated within 10 days of purchase.

After 10 days from a purchase, additional purchases will not be combined with the prior purchases and will be billed at the listed rate.

70% of total fee is due upon registration. Cancellations after 10 days will NOT be refunded, but the remaining 30% will not be due or will be refunded if paid at registration.

We encourage you to delay registering if some aspect is still unknown (for instance if a family member is waiting to see if cast in a Mainstage show) or you cannot make a 70% payment so you can take full advantage of the discounts upon registration.

Scroll Down to register AFTER viewing details below.

Discounts apply across StageWorks tuition (1ST STAGE & 2ND STAGE) but not Mainstage tuition.

Fall Semester Details

Grand Rapids

  • Rehearsals: Tuesdays 8:30-11:00am September 11 - November 6 at the Home School Building.
  • Dress Rehearsal: 3:30-8:30pm on November 13 at Caledonia High School
  • Shows: Friday, November 16 at 6pm & 8pm (3:30 arrival)

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Kalamazoo

  • Rehearsals: Thursdays 1:30-4:00pm September 6-November 1 at Kalamazoo Missionary Church.
  • Dress Rehearsal: 3:00-8:00pm on November 8 at Comstock Auditorium
  • Shows: Friday, November 9 at 6pm & 8pm (Noon arrival)

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Lansing

  • Rehearsals: Fridays 9:00-11:30am September 7-November 9 at Olivet Baptist Church.
  • Dress Rehearsal: 3:00-8:30pm on Thursday, November 15 at Holt Jr High School
  • Shows: Saturday, November 17 at 4pm & 6pm (10am arrival)

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Spring Semester Details

Grand Rapids

  • Rehearsals: Tuesdays 8:30-11am January 15 - March 12 at the Home School Building.
  • Dress Rehearsal: 3:30-8:30pm on Thursday, March 14 at Caledonia High School
  • Shows: Saturday, March 16 at 4pm & 6pm (10am arrival)

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Kalamazoo

  • Rehearsals: Thursdays 1:30-4pm January 17 - March 14 at Kalamazoo Missionary Church.
  • Dress Rehearsal: 3:00-8:00pm on March 22 at Comstock Community Auditorium
  • Shows: Saturday, March 23 at 4pm & 6pm (10am arrival)

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Lansing

  • Rehearsals: Fridays 9:00-11:30am January 4 - March 1 at Olivet Baptist Church.
  • Dress Rehearsal: 3:00-8:30pm on March 8 at Holt Jr High School
  • Shows: Saturday, March 9 at 4pm & 6pm (10am arrival)

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Performance Information

Tickets are available at the door beginning 30 minutes prior each performance for $2 per person for ages 3 and up.

Fall Performances:

  • Disney's The Jungle Book Kids - Friday, November 9 at 6pm & 8pm at Comstock Community Auditorium
  • A Year With Frog and Toad Kids - Friday, November 16 at 6pm & 8pm at Caledonia High School
  • Disney's The Jungle Book Kids - Saturday, November 17 at 4pm & 6pm at Holt Junior High School

Spring Performances:

  • A Year With Frog and Toad Kids - Saturday, March 9 at 4pm & 6pm at Holt Junior High School
  • Disney's The Jungle Book Kids - Saturday, March 16 at 4pm & 6pm at Caledonia High School
  • A Year With Frog and Toad Kids - Saturday, March 23 at 4pm & 6pm at Comstock Community Auditorium