"Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini!"
My success should not be bestowed onto me alone, as it was not individual success but success of a collective.
- To connect, empower, and create visibility across the Cluster.
- To ensure the integrity of Manaiakalani Learn, Create, Share pedagogy.
- To develop effective use of Google Apps.
- To model the Cybersmart curriculum
- To contribute to the ongoing curation of resources.
- To promote 1:1 Digital Immersion. (Outreach approved devices are owned by the child and go home under the Kawa of Care agreement. Parents have training on how to use the devices in the context of Visible Learning.)
- To establish a genuine partnership with Whanau around co-construction and design for future focused learning for their children.
- To work with others in our cluster around common achievement challenges and goals.
My Role Within My School
As a school leader, it is expected that you will lead the learning of Learn, Create, Share for your school.
You will need to be an active member of our online communities, promoting sharing and visibility through modelling.
This role also involves managing the Teacher Dashboard for Hapara, managing the Google Admin Console, creating new Blog accounts for students, and ensuring that any changes are dealt with in a timely manner i.e. students leaving cluster.
From Manaiakalani, 2018:
"The School Leaders' Professional Learning Group is designed for the Leaders in each school to come together and share strategies and direction as we engage with The Manaiakalani Programme pedagogy and kaupapa.
This is the person (people) who leads the implementation, direction and embedding of Manaiakalani in your school. This person may be your curriculum leader, heads of departments or a member of the SMT. It is not your IT leader. Most schools may have more than one attend."