Google Data Migration
How to Migrate Information from your
HFCS Google Account to a personal Google Account.
As students and staff use the school provided Google Apps accounts more, there's a lot of great work, writing, presentations, and more that graduating seniors and students leaving the district would like to "take with them". Google doesn't yet have a simple way to transfer everything from one account to another, but there are a few easy ways to get the information you want transferred over to a personal Google Account before leaving HFCS.
How to Transfer Google Drive Documents, Contacts, and More
- Login to your existing HFCS Google Account
- Visit Google Takeout and create an archive of your account data
- Download the archive (which may be large depending on how much work is there)
- Create a new personal Google Account or login with an existing personal Google Account
- All Google Drive archives can be re-uploaded to your personal account, Contacts can be imported to the new account, and other information imported or uploaded to the new account
How to Transfer Google Sites
- Login to your existing HFCS Google Account and visit the Sites homepage.
- For each Google Site you want to transfer, visit the homepage of each site and perform the following:
- Click the SHARE button in the upper right hand corner of the site.
- Share the site with your personal Google Account, making sure to select Is Owner when sharing.
- Copy the web address of the site (found at the top of the Sharing and permissions window you're currently in).
- Logout of your HFCS Google Account using the menu in the upper right hand corner of the window.
- Login with your personal Google Account.
- Paste the web address of the site into the location bar of your web browser.
- Click the MORE actions drop-down in the upper right hand corner and select Manage Site.
- Select GENERAL in the 'Site settings' section.
- Click the COPY this Site link next to 'Site Actions'.
- Enter a new site name, and click Copy site.