Fees and Funding
The fees are payable termly. Fees must still be paid if children are absent for a short period of time. If your child has to be absent over a long period of time please talk to Jo Cornell who is the Preschool Leader.
We are in receipt of nursery education funding for three and four year olds. For those not in receipt of free funding due to lack of eligibility or requiring hours greater than funded hours, Honywood Preschool fees apply and are charged termly.
Three hour session:
- For children aged 2 years old at the beginning of each term - £14.10
- For children aged 3 & 4 years old at the beginning of each term - £13.50
Friday extended session (6 hours):
- For children aged 2 years old at the beginning of each term - £28.20
- For children aged 3 & 4 years old at the beginning of each term - £27.00
Snack/cooking ingredients: Charged per child per session - £0.30
Lunch club - £5.30
T-shirt - £5.50
Free Early Education Entitlement for three and four-year-olds
All three and four-year-olds are entitled to 15 hours of free early education a week until they either go into reception class or reach compulsory school age (the term following their fifth birthday). This free entitlement is paid from the term after your child turns three.
Please see the cut-off dates below
How to claim Free Early Education Entitlement
Honywood Preschool is able to claim funding from Essex County Council. The funding is paid directly to the setting. Each term we will ask you to sign a parent/carer agreement form. The form is your commitment to Honywood Preschool for your child’s place for that term. The setting will then submit the form to Essex County Council to claim the Free Early Education Entitlement for the next term.
Free Early Education Entitlement for two-year-olds
Some two-year-olds are also entitled to 15 hours of free early education a week until the term after their third birthday but families must meet certain criteria. Any eligible children can access funding from the term after they turn two once the family has received approval of their application. Please see the cut-off dates already stated.
Eligibility criteria for two-year-olds
If you are a parent and would like more information;
- call the Family Information Service on 0800 055 6874;
- visit your local children’s centre;
- speak with your Health Visitor; or
- visit the Essex County Council website www.essex.gov.uk/Education-Schools/Early-Years-Childcare/Pages/Early-years-and-childcare.aspx.