How We Spend the Money We Raise
Once money is raised from events the funds are banked straight away. It is at our PTFA Committee Meetings, that the decisions on how to spend the money are agreed.
At school there is a 'magic wish book' where any member of staff can request funds for items that the school would like to purchase. Sometimes this will be as a result of the children asking for something, as in new playground equipment or additional resources to enhance their school experience. In the main the PTFA funds are for the 'extras’ not provided by the school budget, that make our children’s learning experiences so much more fulfilling and exciting. Examples include:
- Astro Dome experience
- The Christmas cinema trip
- Transport for Athletics competitions
We always endeavour to spend our funds in ways that will benefit all our children across all areas of the school and curriculum.
Of course there are been times when we fundraise for a large project. For example in 2015 the PTFA worked alongside the school to fundraise approximately £11,000 for solar panels. Whilst saving for this, we have still managed to find funds for smaller items thanks to the generous and continued support of our parents.
The PTFA does have ongoing commitments every year:
- Book bags given to the reception children joining the school
- Transport to the Young Voices concert at London's O2
- The annual Year 6 leavers afternoon BBQ & farewell hoodies
- The Easter Bunny brings the eggs for our annual Easter Egg hunt
- Christmas treats from a certain VIP when he visits the children just before Christmas
- Crackers for Christmas dinner