- Review your career plans and decide what type of "after grad preparation" is appropriate for you.
- Visit universities, colleges, trade schools, military recruiting stations, work opportunities, etc.
- Narrow your list to 3-5 choices.
- Make sure the schools or programs you are considering have your degree or career path available.
- Begin to apply.
- Complete your FAFSA.
- Mail in transcripts and ACT scores.
- Consider taking the ACT again if you are needing a particular score to be accepted or to meet a scholarship requirement.
- Attend special programs such as college/career fairs.
- Follow up with any additional financial records requested by the universities, colleges, or trade schools that you have applied to.
- Pay close attention to deadlines. Most university and college deadlines are DECEMBER 1st! Remember the early bird gets the worm!