Bought by Accountants in 12 Countries Across 4 Continents!
SEIZE THE FUTURE
Accountaneur: The Entrepreneurial Accountant®
By Hitendra R. Patil
Start reading immediately with the new ebook option - available exclusively on CPATrendlines.com
Mind-blowing insights into today’s emerging opportunities
Gleaning lessons from neuroscience, technology, and behavioral economics, Hitendra R. Patil shows tax and accounting professionals what it takes to succeed in today’s dynamic competitive environment.
Every accountant may possess comparable technical skills. But Patil shows that success in today’s profession is driven by disruptive ideas in innovation, client service, and talent management. In more than 50 bite-size chapters drawn from the pages of cpatrendlines.com, the author takes practitioners step-by-step through the process of understanding today’s powerful trends, harnessing those forces, and forging new strategies to grow and profit today and into the future.
He goes to the soul of an entrepreneurial accountant, explaining, “the difference between an Accountaneur® and an accountant lies in his or her traits, strengths, talents, skills, values and beliefs.”
“Are you an Accountaneur®? If you work for yourself or if you have created jobs for others in the tax and accounting profession, you are an entrepreneur, rather an Accountaneur®. You are an Accountaneur® if you chose not take up a job, but chose instead to create a business.”
It is recommended that the reader approach each chapter methodically, to fully consider potential applications to his or her own business and with pen in hand to take notes for further study and action plans.
In short, Accountaneur is a mind-expanding exploration of the boundless opportunities that lie ahead for the tax and accounting professional who is ready, willing, and able to imagine them. Patil proves to be an excellent guide to the new world.
- Who Is an Accountaneur®?
- How to Use This Book
Part 1. The Accountaneurial Advantages
- Why Accounting?
- Do You Want a Practice… or a Business?
- Accountants and Six Fundamental Human Needs
- Four Leadership Strengths that Define Accountants
- Top 10 Entrepreneurial Traits of Successful Accountants
- The Eight Traits Creating the Firm of the Future Today
- What CPA Firms Could Learn from Google’s Alphabet
- 4 Pillars of Future Firm Foundation
- Ten Things You Didn’t Worry about Ten Years Ago
- Savvy CPAs Focus on the Constants
- Why Accountants Could Be the Happiest People on Earth
Part 2. Winning New Clients Is a Mind Game
- Six Secret Keys to the Mind of the Entrepreneur
- Client Satisfaction Starts with ‘Likeability’
- Overcoming Your Clients’ Worst Fears
- What Shopping Habits Reveal about Accounting Clients
- The Only Three Ways Accountants Earn an Entrepreneur’s Trust
- The One Thing Your Clients Really Want
- Do You Make Your Clients Feel Safe?
- The 5 Most Common Marketing Blunders
Part 3. Riding the Technology Wave
- You Don’t Think Technology Helps Get New Clients?
- Four Signs the Uberization of Accounting Has Already Begun
- ‘Uberizing’ Means More Than Technology
- How the “1099 Economy” Is Transforming Accounting
- Three Apps to Automate Business Networking
- What If Accounting Firms Were Apps?
- Three Ways Amazon’s New Phone Hints at the Future
- A Case Study in Using LinkedIn
Part 4. Making More Every Minute
- Tax Season Tips: Train Your Brain to Focus
- Tax Season Management: Multi-Tasking Is a Myth
- Six Steps for a Better Tax Season
- Create Your “Not-To-Do’s” List
- Nine Things You Need to Do to Avoid Being Overworked
- Can You Escape this Crazy Eight Trap at Your Firm?
Part 5. The Generational War You Want to Win
- Can Accounting Firms Lead with Work-Life Vision?
- 5 Reasons Gen Y Will Make or Break Your Firm
- 8 Seconds into the Future: Meet Generation Z
- Management Guru Chester Elton on Success
Part 6. How to Respond to New Disruptive Competition
- Threat or Opportunity?
- Sound Off on Liberty and H&R Block Plans
- Independents Face 3 Options
- What the Bitcoin Phenomenon Means for Accountants
- Five Things Accountants Need to Know about Bitcoin
- Stop Trying to Create Value That’s Not Appreciated
Part 7: Growth Is Where Your Mind Is
- Five Stealth Growth Strategies Accountants Are Using Now
- Seven Questions for Every Accountant
- Three Keys to Mega Bucks
- Decide to be Decisive
“Accountaneur: The Entrepreneurial Accountant”® is the Registered Trademark of Hitendra R. Patil.
When using the marks “Accountaneur: The Entrepreneurial Accountant”® in publications distributed only in the United States, include the appropriate ™, ℠, or ® symbol on first use. For publications distributed outside the United States, use the appropriate trademark attribution notice, for example: “Accountaneur: The Entrepreneurial Accountant”® is the trademark of Hitendra R. Patil, registered in the U.S.