We represent over 50 plans, with Medicare Supplements, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, so we can find a plan to fit nearly any situation. Our Customer Service Department provides overwhelming “Concierge” service . Our Customer Service Representatives are problem solvers, solution finders and their objective is to make sure it works out for you. So, whether its replacing a card, fixing an error on a claim or answering your questions our customer service representatives will be there to help you.
We also help you get the most from your Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan. There are as many as 32 different plans available and they can change formularies every year. We can assist clients in managing Medicare PartD during the annual election period. We will provide a comparative analysis with our recommendation each year.
Medigap or Medicare Supplements
A Medigap policy is health insurance sold by private insurance companies to fill the “gaps” in Original Medicare Plan coverage. Medigap policies help pay some of the health care costs that the Original Medicare Plan doesn’t cover. If you are in the Original Medicare Plan and have a Medigap policy, then Medicare and your Medigap policy will pay both their shares of covered health care costs.
Generally, when you buy a Medigap policy you must have Medicare Part A and Part B. You will have to pay the monthly Medicare Part B premium. In addition, you will have to pay a premium to the Medigap insurance company.
You and your spouse must each buy separate Medigap policies. Your Medigap policy won’t cover any health care costs for your spouse.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Health Plans (like HMOs and PPOs) often cover prescription drugs. Medicare Health Plans include:
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Other Medicare Health Plans
Medicare Advantage Plans (like HMOs and PPOs) that include prescription drug coverage as part of the plan are health plan options that are approved by Medicare but run by private companies. They are part of the Medicare Program. If you join a Medicare Advantage Plan you are still in Medicare.
- You generally get all your Medicare-covered health care through that plan.
- You may get extra benefits, such as coverage for vision, hearing, dental, and/or health and wellness programs.
- You usually will have to pay some other costs (such as co-payments or co-insurance) for the services you get. Out-of-pocket costs in these plans are generally lower than in Original Medicare, but vary by the services you use.
- You may have to see doctors that belong to the plan or go to certain hospitals to get covered services.
Medicare Advantage Plans include:
Medicare Prescription Drug Plans are offered by insurance companies and other private companies approved by Medicare. They add coverage to:
Medicare Prescription Drug Plan:
If you do not opt for prescription drug coverage when you are first eligible, you may have to pay a late enrollment penalty of 1% based upon Medicare’s average cost of a prescription drug plan, for every month that you were not enrolled.
If you have limited income and resources, you may get extra help to pay for your Medicare drug plan costs by contacting your local Social Security Office to see if you qualify for a Low Income Subsidy.
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO)
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
- Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS) Plans
- Medicare Medical Savings Account (MSA) Plans
- Medicare Special Needs Plans (SNP)
- Original Medicare
- Some Medicare Cost Plans
- Some Medicare Private Fee-for-Service Plans and
- Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans
- Generally, you pay less for your prescriptions.
- You will get a plan member card after you enroll. You use this card when you go to the pharmacy get your prescriptions filled.
- You will pay the copayment, coinsurance, and/or deductible, if any
Contact us today for a FREE plan assessment: (816)866-6848
Our family has been helping other families choose the best Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Supplements, and Medicare Part D Drug Plans since the 1970s. We take a complicated process and make it simple to understand and easy to enroll. Our number one priority is to educate our clients. We want our clients to make an informed decision when it comes to choosing their individual health insurance policy.
If you need help sorting through the Medicare maze please call us and we will help you maneuver the many Medicare plan options at no cost to you.
We look forward to assisting you!
If you are ready to plan contact John @ 816.866.6848
Hiner Agency, 600 Main, Platte City, MO 64079 Phone 816.866.6848 Fax 816.866.3594