GRANDVIEW MIddle SChool
Career Technical Department
Mr. Fortune, Technology & Engineering
Hi. I am Grandview Middle Schools CTE Technology and Engineering Teacher. My career as a civil engineer took me all over the world and I am happy to share my knowledge and experience with our students as I teach them about technology and engineering. My classes get the chance to learn about technology and engineering through a robust curriculum that includes multiple hands-on activities such as building rockets, CO2 dragsters, pinecar derby cars, and robots. I look forward to seeing them in class!!!
Resources & information
6th Grade - Exploring Technology
7th Grade - Exploring Engineering and Design
8th Grade - Exploring Technological Systems
· Effectively access Powerschool, Canvas Learning System, Quiziz, and Google Drive.
· Turn in assignments on time.
· Pass the safety test with 70% proficiency before being allowed to utilize tools, technology, or design equipment.
· Follow classroom rules & procedures in Technology class.
· Manage time to accomplish goals individually and during group engineering labs.
· Participate in all classroom activities.
· There will be very little homework in this class, but if you do not utilize your class time wisely, then classwork will become homework. Quizzes and tests will need to be prepared for at home.
· Respect your teacher, your classmates, and your class.
· Listen and follow directions.
· Raise your hand before speaking or leaving your seat.
· Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
· No food, drinks, candy, or gum.
Negative Consequences Positive Consequences
Step 1: Warning or redirect. 1. Increased knowledge and good grades.
Step 2: Silent Lunch. 2. Pride in yourself.
Step 3: Parent phone call. 3. Praise.
Step 4: Office referral. 4. More opportunities for STEAM activities.
Grandview follows the 10-point grading scale set by North Carolina.
· Projects: 30%
· Participation/Classroom Work: 30%
· Quiz: 20%
· Test: 20%
Late Work & Make Up Policy
· If absent for 1 day, the student is responsible for submitting completed work, with a 1 day grace period, for full credit.
· For excused absences, students are still responsible for completing assignments within the given grace period.
· Any assignments can be late but will receive a 10-point deduction, per day, for grading.
· Quizzes and tests must be made up within 3 days after returning from absence.
Required Daily Student Supply List
· !!!!!!! A GREAT ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!
· A writing utensil