Welcome to Miss Rodela's online classroom!
Please find your class in the menu above. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
This is my second year as a full-time teacher. I was born and raised in South Bend where I attended Our Lady of Hungary and graduated from Marian High School. I have had the joy of spending time in both parochial and public classrooms all over the FW-SB area. I received my teaching degree from Holy Cross College of Notre Dame with an EL endorsement.
This year, I will serve as a 6th grade homeroom teacher and middle school writing/grammar teacher. Holy Family has given me the opportunity to continue growing in my faith while also jump-starting my career in a setting that is very similar to my own upbringing. I look forward to sharing my experiences, setting high standards, and bringing a fresh perspective to my classroom.
- If you need extra help with formatting and you are unsure about what your next steps are, this website is extremely helpful. It has tabs to assist you in formatting, making citations, and paraphrasing.
- If you are completely lost on citations, use this generator as a LAST RESORT. Make sure you enter all of the information you can and have the generator set to "MLA 6." Make sure you double check your generated citations using the Purdue writing lab site above.
- I have personally used this site to help me improve my "writing language." Simply type in a word in the search bar to bring up a list of synonyms and antonyms for the word. If you are planning to switch out words, make sure the replacement word makes sense in context. There is also a Dictionary tab in the top left corner that has proven useful to me as well.
- If you are struggling, are in an emergency, or just need a quick review for almost ANY subject, Kahn Academy has some helpful modules and/or videos that can help break it down for you.
- This is one of my FAVORITE sites. Sometimes listening to a story helps cure writer's block. (: