Oak Hills High School Instrumental Music
Marching Ensemble Orchestra Concert Bands
Jazz Band Percussion Color Guard Mariachi
Welcome to the OHHS Bulldog Brigade website!
What's going on this week?
Week of October 21st
Marching Band Practice 4:00pm-8:00pm. Don't forget your coordinate sheets, water, and warm clothing in case it gets cold.
Leadership Meeting @ Lunch
Marching Band Practice 2:45-5:00
Marching Band Practice 2:45pm-4:00pm
Dinner Break 4:00pm-5:30pm
Home Football Game 5:30pm Call Time, 9:45pm Parent Pick Up Time
-Senior Recognition at Halftime
-Field Show at Halftime
Corona Centennial Circle City Field Tournament (See Itinerary Below)
Itinerary for Homecoming Football Game-Cedar MS Night and Senior Recognition Night
2:30pm-4:00pm | Practice
4:00pm-5:30pm | Dinner Break
5:30pm-6:00pm | Get Dressed
6:00pm | Warm Up / Tune / Go over Star Spangled Banner with Cedar students
6:30pm | Head to the stadium
6:50pm | Star Spangled Banner
8:00pm | Approximate half time. Senior Recognition and Halftime Show
9:30pm | Approximate time the game ends
9:45pm-10:00pm | Approximate parent pick up time
Itinerary for Circle City Open @ Centennial HS in Corona 1820 Rimpau Ave, Corona, CA 92881
October 26th at Corona Centennial High School
Admission Prices- General admission - $10. Children (under 18) and seniors (60+) - $7. (Kids 5 and under are free.) Family Special: 2 adults & up to 3 children - $30. All spectators will be hand-stamped prior to admission
Spectator Parking - Spectator parking will be located in the faculty parking lot, on the southeast corner of the campus. Any spectators with a visible handicapped placard or handicapped license plate may enter the student lot (where busses and trucks will be parked) and will be parked closer to the stadium as space allows. They will have overflow parking available at Stallings Elementary School, located on Fullerton Ave. There will also be a spectator entrance on that side of the stadium.
10:00am-12:00pm | Practice
12:00-12:30pm Lunch (students bring a sack lunch to eat)
1:00pm-1:20pm | Run through performance in the stadium. Everyone wear red shirts.
1:30pm | Load Up
2:15pm | In section lines, wearing red shirts
2:30pm | Leave OHHS
3:30pm | Arrive at Corona Centennial, unload trailers and buses.
4:00pm | Get Dressed- Band members wear red shirts under their uniforms
4:20pm | In 2's
4:30pm | Warm Up
5:20pm | Leave for the stadium
5:30pm | At gates
5:45pm | Performance Time
6:00pm | Change out of uniforms and put equipment away. Students should put their black band shirts on after the show.
6:30pm | Get food from concessions
8:30pm | Awards- after awards use the restroom if you need to and go directly to the busses
9:15pm | Take roll and leave Centennial HS
10:15pm | Arrive at OHHS
10:30pm | Approximate dismissal time
Full Tournament Schedule Click Below https://schedules.competitionsuite.com/29f5862a-785a-4c6c-a6dc-770d05f999ad_standard.htm
Review of Bus Rules
- Students will sign up for either bus 1 or bus 2 before the busses arrive.
- Attendance will be taken in section lines.
- Once all students are on the bus, a count off will be given.
- You must ride the same bus to and from an event.
- Be on time to the bus. Times are given and must be adhered to.
- No flashlights on the bus.
- Keep the buses neat and clean. Use the trash containers available. Leaders will be responsible in picking up the slack of the general membership. Leaders will be responsible for checking the bus at the end of the trip when we return to Oak Hills.
- No food or drink on the bus, unless permission is granted by the bus driver.
- No loud or boisterous behavior including standing up while the bus is in motion or facing the back of the bus while it is in motion.
- Do not bring valuable items on the bus. Many busses do not lock. You are storing your items there at your own risk! It is recommended to leave any valuables at home.
- No instruments shall be played on the bus including but not limited to: marching instruments, concert instruments, toy instruments, or other objects which may be disruptive. (Including kazoos)
- Be attentive and quiet when a chaperone, student leader, instructor, band director or bus driver gives instructions. This includes not talking, not having your headphones on, and paying attention.
- The bus is the domain of the bus driver. All of his/her requests and rules will be adhered to.
- No speakers allowed on bus. Headphones are fine.
- As the bus approaches a performance or competition venue, a verbal “Silent Bus” will be alerted from the drum majors. At this time, all talking ceases as we near the HS.
- No singing (it's typically bad, anyways)
- Band members are forbidden from changing (jacket, overalls, etc) inside the bus. Color Guard are exempt to rule due to difference in uniform.
- No handling or moving of other school's items unless they are an obstruction to the group or an individual’s performance.
- No PDA (public displays of affection) the entire trip. Short hugs are fine, but nothing more. Think of it like a job.
During marching season, make sure to fill out an absence excusal form if absent. These can be found on the documents page of the website or on the Charms site. Missed performances and after school rehearsals that are not excused will cause students to have points deducted from the attendance portion of the grade.
** Aug. 19 - October 30 | Great Clips Fundraiser (Ask Mr. Moreno or Kristy Heuck for a form. Once gotten, show form during purchase.)
** - In progress
Tentative Itinerary for RCC Big Orange Classic
November 2nd at Riverside City College
Spectator Fee- TBA
10:00am-1:30pm | Practice
1:30pm | Load up and Lunch time (students bring a sack lunch)
2:45pm | Leave OHHS
3:45pm | Arrive at RCC
4:45pm | Warm up
5:50pm | Leave for gates
6:15pm | Performance Time
9:30pm | Awards
10:15pm | Leave RCC
11:15pm | Arrive back at OHHS
11:30 | Approximate pick up time
Full Tournament Schedule Click Here