Open Positions at HERO
Positions: Guidance Counselor, Social Worker, CTE Teacher in Nursing or other Health Pathways, Spanish Teacher, Math Teacher, SPED Teacher, School Aides
HERO High, or The Health, Education and Research Occupations High School, is looking for some teaching and other staff positions for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year. HERO High is an Early College and Career High School serving a diverse student population in grades 9-14. Through our innovative program, students will obtain an Associate degree in nursing or community health, a CTE high school diploma, and supported entry to a career in health care or a four-year college program. 2017-18 is HERO High’s fifth year of operations.
HERO High is one of the “P-Tech” schools mentioned by President Obama in the 2013 State of the Union address and featured last year in the Time magazine piece entitled The Diploma That Works. In his 2014 State of the City address, Mayor DeBlasio mentioned HERO High as an innovative program that helps students gain entry to the middle class. Faculty members at HERO High will shape the future of public education as we build a school that allows our students to prosper in a challenging 21st century economy.
HERO High is looking for teachers and other staff who possess:
- commitment to helping a diverse group of students meet ambitious goals,
- belief that even the most challenged students can engage in rigorous academic work,
- strong content area knowledge,
- interest in an instructional approach emphasizing disciplinary literacy,
- willingness to act as an advisor for 15-18 students,
- strong classroom management skills, and
- enthusiasm about the collaborative work necessary to build a thriving small school.
To apply for a position, please send a resume and cover letter directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in HERO High.