FDU College Credits
- Any FDU course that is 6 Credits- You must register and pay for 3 credits in the Fall and then register and pay for the remaining 3 credits in the Spring
- Any FDU course that is 3 Credits- You must register and pay for those credits in the Fall.
- YESHIVA UNIVERSITY does not accept FDU credit.
- LANDER COLLEGE (Touro) accepts FDU credits.
- CUNY Schools – Queens, CSI and Brooklyn accept FDU credits.
- Many colleges do not accept FDU credit from Junior year courses.
All the above are subject to change.
The faculty and administration of Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) are pleased to invite you to participate in the Middle College Program, the University’s long-standing concurrent enrollment program. You are eligible to take part in this exciting cooperative effort that engages the faculty and resources of your high school and those of the University.
Students who enroll in the program can get a head start on college by taking credit-bearing courses that offer a valuable preamble to college-level coursework. Participation in this program supports a student’s transition from high school to college, strengthens their college application, and aids in their development of crucial tools for future success.
Your instructor will be a faculty member from your high school whose credentials were reviewed and approved by an advisory committee of Fairleigh Dickinson University. Approved courses have also been thoroughly reviewed to ensure they meet program standards for college-level rigor and depth.
To register for the program: 1. Click here 2. Click “Register Now” 3. Find your high school from the drop-down menu 4. Add your courses to the cart and check out (Tuition for each 3-credit course is $267)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY
MIDDLE COLLEGE PROGRAM PROGRAM FACTS 2019 – 2020
1. Middle College courses are taken at the high school during the regular school day. You must be currently enrolled in the course at the high school in order to register for the Middle College Program and earn college credit.
2. Courses taken through the Middle College Program may be used for elective credits to meet college graduation requirements and/or earn you advanced standing.
3. The cost is $267.00 per three-credit course.
4. Students in grades 9-12 are eligible to participate as long as they are taking a Fairleigh Dickinson University Middle College-approved course at the high school.
5. You may list courses taken at Fairleigh Dickinson University as college courses on most college applications. It will be at the discretion of the receiving institution to accept or deny these courses.
6. If you plan on taking an AP Exam, you can also participate in the Middle College Program
7. You must receive a final grade of “C” or better in order to receive college credits from Fairleigh Dickinson University for each course.
8. At the conclusion of the academic year, your teacher will submit your final grade for your Middle College course(s) to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Your grade(s) will be recorded on an official FDU transcript.
9. Requesting your official FDU transcript is done by visiting www.getmytranscript.org and selecting “Fairleigh Dickinson Univ-Middle College Program” from the drop-down menu.
10. Should you elect to enroll at Fairleigh Dickinson University, in some cases these credits may transfer in as elective credit, and not credits in the major area. While all course credits are accepted by FDU as transfer credits, the equivalencies for these courses and how they will transfer are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. The same practice applies to most colleges and universities to which you would by applying.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.fdu.edu/middle