MoH - Policy Development Officer
DIRECTORATE OF HEALTH POLICY, RESEARCH & PLANNING
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
JOB TITLE: Policy Development Officer
JOB SUMMARY: The incumbent in this position is required to provide support to the Policy Development Specialist in developing appropriate policies and strategies for the health sector.
REPORTS TO: Policy Development Specialist
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: N/A
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the development of a policy agenda;
- Collects and analyses relevant information to support the development of health policies and briefs;
- Organizes workshops and meeting of committees established to develop and approve health policies;
- Drafts policy documents and policy briefs.
- Ensures dissemination of policy document to relevant stakeholders;
- Maintains a database of health policies;
- Collects the relevant information to monitor and review the status of health policy implementation;
- Analyses and collects the necessary data to undertake health policy impact assessment;
- Prepares reports on the impact of health policies and make recommendations; and
- Reviews and revises existing and recommendations policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the health sector
- Knowledge of research methodology
- Knowledge of policy development
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prepare and present complex reports in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to read and interpret public health legislation, strategic plans and Global health agendas and resolutions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a relevant Social Science or Humanities discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years work experience as a Public Health Professional
- Training in the use of Microsoft office Suite
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience