MoH - ICT Security Specialist
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
JOB TITLE: INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT) SECURITY SPECIALIST
JOB SUMMARY: The incumbent is required to provide specialized technical services in the administration and maintenance of the security of all ICT infrastructure of the Ministry/Department. Duties include: providing specialist ICT security advice to the Ministry/Department; developing ICT policy and procedures; monitoring and enabling secure operations for all technology infrastructure of the Ministry/Department; assisting with security implementations; performing IT security audits and reviews; and supervising other ICT technical and support staff.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Networks and Infrastructure or designate
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Technical and Support Staff as required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts security risk and vulnerability assessments for all business and operational software applications, and all IT installations within the Ministry/Department and recommends appropriate security strategies and controls; and investigates suspected attacks, and manages security incidents.
- Maintains knowledge of technical specialisms including intrusion detection and protection, security management, vulnerability assessment, and identity management; and provides detailed advice regarding their application to management and to technical specialists.
- Provides inputs to the service continuity planning process of the Ministry/Department and assists with the implementation of the resulting plans.
- Investigates security breaches in accordance with established procedures and recommends the required corrective actions; and assist users with the management of their security access and controls, implements agreed user security, and maintains security records and documentation.
- Plans and executes programmes to review the IT security activities, processes and services within the IT function to ensure compliance with established security policy and procedures, reports on conformance, and makes recommendations for fixes and improvements.
- Supervises technical staff engaged in performing duties related to particular specialisation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of security for software applications, computer networks and IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Some knowledge of the tools and techniques required for the management and control of ICT within a government based or business organisation.
- Some knowledge of relevant Public Service rules and regulations, instructions and procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to supervise technical and support staff
- Ability to think creatively and to analyse IT security problems and incidents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to promote teamwork.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to interact positively with members of the public and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing at a technical level, including at least two (2) years’ experience in securing ICT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
- Certification in information technology security management, such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Training in relevant IT security products and services.