Central Registration Office

Hamburg Administration Building, Second Floor

5305 Abbott Road, Hamburg, NY 14075

(716)646-3200 ext. 7217


The Hamburg Central School District is pleased to welcome new resident students to our schools.

Families new to the district should register their child/children as soon as possible.

Registration Update

Registration for the 2023-24 school year will open for:

PreK on January 17th

Kindergarten on February 6th.

The PreK program for the 2023/2024 school year is open to children who will be four years old on or before Dec. 1, 2023. PreK families who are interested in the full-day classroom will need to be registered with the district by April 1st. Placement in the full-day classroom is by digital lottery, which will be held in April 2023. Letters informing families of their placement in the full-day classroom or in a half-day session will be immediately sent via U.S. mail.

We encourage any families wishing to register a new student for the 2023/2024 school year to complete the Online Registration process below. Once your application is submitted and reviewed, the Central Registrar will email you with additional information required to complete the registration process.


Things to know about online registration:

      • Residency and Enrollment Guidelines can be found here.

      • After you submit your registration online, the Central Registrar will email you with the next steps in the registration process.

      • For existing families with an active parent portal account, log into your parent portal account and click "Register New Student" on the right side of the screen.

      • Families without computer access. Please contact Central Registrar.

      • Please review the information below regarding the documentation that is required. This documentation will be requested by the Central Registrar to complete your child's registration.

      • In person appointments, upon request.


In order to complete the registration process and allow your child to begin attending the District’s schools as soon as possible, the following documentation and forms are required.

      • Student’s Birth Date Verification

      • Two (2) Proofs of Residency

      • Parent/Guardian Original Driver’s License

      • Health History Form - will be emailed for electronic signature

      • Immunization Record

      • NYS Required Health Examination Form or Physician's Electronic Health Record Equivalent

      • Dental Certificate Form

      • Legal Documents regarding Custodial Arrangements, if applicable

      • Transfer Students ONLY:

            • Completed Confidential Release Form - will be emailed for electronic signature

            • Last Report Card, if available

            • Unofficial Transcript, if available

      • Universal Prekindergarten Students ONLY:

            • PreK Questionnaire and Welcome Letter - will be sent electronically as part of the registration process

Student Birth Date Verification

The following student birth date verification is required for registration of students new to the District:

      • Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism.

      • A passport if no birth certificate or record of baptism.

If there are no records of the above, accepted documentation of the following must be in existence for two (2) or more years.

      • Student’s official driver's license

      • State or other government issued identification;

      • School photo identification with date of birth

      • Consulate identification card

      • Hospital or health records;

      • Military dependent identification card

      • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies

          • (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);

      • Court orders or other court-issued documents;

      • Native American tribal document;

      • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.

Proof of Residency

Two (2) of the following documents showing proof of residency is required for registration:

      • Mortgage statement or Deed of home ownership or Residential Lease

      • School or property Tax statement

      • Utility bills or other bills (specific to the address)

      • A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent or person in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn;

      • Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent's or person in parental relation's physical presence in the District

If above are not available, the District may consider the following documentation and/or information, including but not limited to:

      • Pay stub

      • Income tax form

      • Membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency

      • Voter registration document(s)

      • Official driver's license, learner's permit or non-driver identification

      • State or other government issued identification

      • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies

      • (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)

      • Evidence of custody of the student, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers


New York State law requires a health examination for all students entering the school district for the first time. A dental certificate which states your child has been seen by a dentist or dental hygienist is also asked for at the same time.

Every student entering or attending school is required to provide proof of immunization in accordance with the provisions of Public Health Law 2164.

For more information please select Student Immunization and Physical Examination Requirements below:

AlternaTE Site Transportation Form

Anyone requesting transportation to a site other than the student’s legal residence, within Hamburg Central School District boundaries, must fill out an Alternate Site Application for Transportation.

Free & Reduced Lunch Information

Information on Hamburg Central School District’s Food and Nutrition Services can be found at www.HamburgChildNutrition.com or by calling (716) 646-3250 ext. 5005

Non-Public School Registration

All district students need to be registered with the district, whether they attend one of our public schools or are placed in a school of your choice. Students who require transportation to non-public school also need to complete a Transportation Form.

Contact Central Registration (716) 646-3200 ext. 7217 for registration information.

Change of Address

For current residents of the district who have moved within the district:

      1. Complete Change of Address Form - found in your Operoo Form Library

      2. Two (2) proofs of residency, as defined above in the PROOF OF RESIDENCY section

      3. Parent/guardian driver’s license is required