The Hamburg Central School District is pleased to welcome new resident students to our schools.
Families new to the district should register their child/children as soon as possible.
Central Registration Office
Hamburg Administration Building, Second Floor
5305 Abbott Road, Hamburg, NY 14075
(716)646-3200 ext. 7217
ONLINE STUDENT REGISTRATION
Things to know about online registration:
- Residency and Enrollment Guidelines can be found here.
- After you submit your registration online, you will receive an email to call the Central Registration Office to set up an appointment to complete your child’s registration.
- For existing families with an active parent portal account, log into your parent portal account and click "Register New Student" on the right side of the screen.
- Completion of registration is done in person and by appointment only.
- Families without computer access. Please contact Central Registrar.
- Please review the information below regarding the documentation that is required. This documentation must be brought to your appointment, to complete your child’s registration.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR STUDENT REGISTRATION
In order to complete the registration process and allow your child to begin attending the District’s schools as soon as possible, the following documentation and forms must be brought to your registration appointment.
- Student’s Birth Date Verification
- Two (2) Proofs of Residency
- Parent/Guardian Original Driver’s License
- Health History Form
- Immunization Record
- NYSED Health Examination Form or Physician's Health Examination Form
- Dental Certificate Form
- Legal Documents regarding Custodial Arrangements, if applicable
- Transfer Students ONLY:
- Completed Confidential Release Form
- Last Report Card, if available
- Unofficial Transcript, if available
STUDENT BIRTH DATE VERIFICATION
The following student birth date verification is required for registration of students new to the District:
- Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism.
- A passport if no birth certificate or record of baptism.
If there are no records of the above, accepted documentation of the following must be in existence for two (2) or more years.
- Student’s official driver's license
- State or other government issued identification;
- School photo identification with date of birth
- Consulate identification card
- Hospital or health records;
- Military dependent identification card
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies
- (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
- Court orders or other court-issued documents;
- Native American tribal document;
- Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Two (2) of the following documents showing proof of residency is required for registration:
- Mortgage statement or Deed of home ownership or Residential Lease
- School or property Tax statement
- Utility bills or other bills (specific to the address)
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent or person in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn;
- Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent's or person in parental relation's physical presence in the District
If above is not available, the District may consider the following documentation and/or information, including but not limited to:
- Pay stub
- Income tax form
- Membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency
- Voter registration document(s)
- Official driver's license, learner's permit or non-driver identification
- State or other government issued identification
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies
- (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- Evidence of custody of the student, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
New York State law requires a health examination for all students entering the school district for the first time. A dental certificate which states your child has been seen by a dentist or dental hygienist is also asked for at the same time.
Every student entering or attending school is required to provide proof of immunization in accordance with the provisions of Public Health Law 2164.
For more information please select Student Immunization and Physical Examination Requirements below:
ALTERNATE SITE TRANSPORTATION FORM
Anyone requesting transportation to a site other than the student’s legal residence, within Hamburg Central School District boundaries, must fill out an Alternate Site Application for Transportation.
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH INFORMATION
Information on Hamburg Central School District’s Food and Nutrition Services can be found at www.HamburgChildNutrition.com or by calling (716)646-3250 ext. 5005
Please note: Application for the 2019/2020 School Year will be available mid-July 2019
NON-PUBLIC SCHOOL REGISTRATION
Contact Central Registration (716) 646-3200 ext. 7217 for registration information. All district students need to be registered with the district, whether they attend one of our public schools or are placed in a school of your choice. Students who require transportation to non-public school also need to complete a Transportation Form.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
If you are a current resident of the district and have moved within the district, please call Central Registration to set up an in-person appointment to complete the changes.
Documentation required at appointment for change of address in the district:
- Complete Change of Address Form
- Two (2) proofs of residency, as defined above in the PROOF OF RESIDENCY section.
- Parent/guardian driver’s license is required