NEED HELP?? I am available:
After School from 3 - 4 pm:
- Tues & Wed
- By appointment other days
Before School from 7:15-7:55:
TEACHING IS MY PRIMARY PASSION
I love to teach because it gives me the opportunity to help students transform through success. As students accomplish tasks, they become motivated, excited and eager to learn. Empowering students has a ripple effect that begins with confidence in academic endeavors, but quickly spreads as a positive attitude and happiness to other areas of their lives.
I thoroughly enjoy being able to help students discover their potential.
- Math Teacher: 6 years (4th grade - High School Geometry)
- Kindergarten Science Teacher: 1 year
- 2nd Grade Teacher: 2 years
- 4th Grade Teacher: 1 year
- 5th Grade Teacher: 3 years
- 3rd - 5th Grade Behavior Disorders Teacher: 2 years
- Substitute Teacher: 7 years (Kindergarten - 12th grade)
- Religious Education Teacher: 3 years
- Sunday School Teacher: 22 years
Experience teaching in private and public schools in Virginia, Florida, Oklahoma and North Carolina.
- B.A. in Education (Concentration in Math)
Minor in Psychology
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Diploma in Theological Studies
The Virginia Theological Seminary, Evening School of Theology
Oklahoma & North Carolina Teaching Certificate
- Elementary Education
- 1st - 8th grade
- Intermediate Mathematics
- 6th - 12th grade
- Mid-Level Math for High School Credit
- 5th - 8th grade
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
- School Math Coordinator
- Christian Formation Director and Youth Leader
- In-Home Day Care Provider
- Camp Counselor
- I love to soak in nature on walks, especially in the morning or evening.
- I love to volunteer at my church and other community churches leading Sunday School classes, Wednesday night programs and Vacation Bible School for children.
- I love to be with my family and pets. (My husband calls me Dr. Doolittle because of my love for animals)