Student Designers & Inventors, We want you!
Join some of the brightest students in the nation as they celebrate design thinking, problem solving, and STEM advancement in the city that celebrations innovation. In Shark Tank style, high school seniors are invited to participate in a business pitch competition in partnership with Launch Chattanooga. It all takes place January 12, 2018 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, at the Bond Auditorium on the Chattanooga State Campus.
To apply: upload a short 3-5 minute pitch to google drive and send it to David Wilson at STEM School Chattanooga at firstname.lastname@example.org
The video should contain 4 parts:
- Introduction of the problem. Use statistics or research to provide authenticity.
- Your solution to the problem. This is your chance to explain how your product or service solves the problem. You can demonstrate a prototype, explain or expound upon a blueprint or drawing, or even show off a prototype.
- Financials. This is where you show that you've run the numbers and know how much each product will cost you to make, how much you will sell them for, how much it will cost you every month to run your business, and how many you will need to sell each month/year to break even.
- Marketing and distribution plan. How will you get the word out that this product exists? What does your supply chain look like... as in when a customer places an order how does your product get built and sent to them?
For help with creating a pitch click here.
For student teams that want more information on how to create a business plan, please contact Launch Chattanooga at https://launchchattanooga.org/ If you would like to use their canvas to prototype your business please download it here.
Application deadline: November 1, 2017
We will evaluate these video entries using the SURGE Rubric and will notify teams on November 15, 2017.
Video exemplar here.
BRIGHT SPARK INVENTION CHALLENGE
This year, Bright Spark Invention Concept Awards, sponsored by Western Electric and Bridge Innovate, will be presented at SURGE Chattanooga. Students K-12 are eligible to participate in the Bright Spark Invention Challenge. Submit invention ideas from September to December 2017 for a chance to win the Bright Spark Concept Award and the $500 prize.
· Submit invention ideas here - https://www.bright-spark.org/ideas
· Connect with Bright Spark on Facebook page. End of each month (September-December, 2017), two inventions with the most Facebook likes will become the finalists for the Invention Challenge - https://www.facebook.com/brightsparkers/
· Panel of Judges will select the winner to be announced at Surge Chattanooga
For more information, contact Mary Kim at email@example.com