Summer 2019 Registration
Due to the high volume of registrations in previous years, this website crashed. To avoid this occurring again, please do not go to this site (eschool.hidoe.us) on the day of registration.
Instead, copy the url below and bookmark it in your browser prior to the day of registration. Go directly to the registration site to enroll in classes on April 22, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.
Summer School Registration Site (please bookmark): https://hidoe.geniussis.com/StudentSummerRegistration.aspx
Summer School Registration
E-School’s Summer online program offers a variety of rigorous courses in Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Health, and Fine Arts. Classes are open to Hawai’i resident high school students (including incoming 9th graders for the 2019-2020 school year). Students not enrolled in a Hawaii DOE public or charter school should verify with your primary school that credits earned through E-School will be accepted.
Online Registration Begins: Monday, April 22, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.
Online Registration Ends: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
ALL ENROLLMENTS MUST BE DONE ONLINE.
Parents must register their child online for summer school courses. Due to the accelerated nature of E-School, students can enroll in only a maximum of two classes. It is recommended to enroll your child online as soon as registration opens on the first day. Many of our courses fill up in minutes.
Please speak with your primary school counselor prior to registration to determine if the course you are signing up for is relevant to your child's educational goals.
COST: $95.00 per .5 credit (One semester course)
STUDENTS OF NATIVE HAWAIIAN ANCESTRY
- Summer School scholarships may be available through Alu Like. Please see their website or contact their office for more details: https://www.alulike.org/.
SUMMER 2019 DATES: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 - Thursday, July 18, 2019
Classes will be available for students to access on the first day of of summer school, June 5 at 8:00 a.m. Courses will not appear in Blackboard before this time.
Registration Link (please bookmark and go directly here on April 22: https://hidoe.geniussis.com/StudentSummerRegistration.aspx
ALL DOE AND CHARTER SCHOOL STUDENTS: In order to register, you must have your 10 digit Student ID Number. You can find this number on your report card or ask your school counselor for this information.
Registration requires valid student and parent email addresses. Student and parent emails should be different. Recommendation is Gmail as it works well with our system. Please enter this information correctly or you will not receive the email confirmation.
After completing the online registration process:
- Print out the registration form.
- Student and parent must sign the registration form.
- Send a separate check for each enrolled course.
- Make check(s) payable to Hawaii Department of Education. Do NOT mail cash. We do NOT accept credit card payment.
- MAIL or drop off form and payment to:
475 22nd Avenue, Room 205
Honolulu, HI 96816
- Payment must be received within 5 business days of the date of registration or enrollment will be cancelled.
- Students are not registered until payment is received.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation, please check your spam/trash folders.
- Do not submit payment for waitlisted courses.
- Students receive 100% refund up to June 12, 2019.
- No refund will be given after June 12, 2019.
- No refund and no credit/grade will be given for any student who is dismissed from summer school.
- Wait lists are established for courses that reach maximum enrollment. You will be notified through email if a space becomes available. Do NOT submit payment for waitlisted courses.
MANDATORY STUDENT ORIENTATION
- Students NEW to E-School must pass an online mandatory student orientation course with a score of 52 or higher. If this requirement is not completed by the specified deadline, prior to the start of summer school, the student will be dropped. You will receive the login and information on this requirement after you complete registration.
- Students who have already taken E-School classes and passed the student orientation do not need to complete this requirement again.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT AND ONLINE MEETINGS
- Students must have access to a computer, Internet, and headphones.
- Online synchronous meetings will be scheduled throughout the session. Dates and times will be determined after class begins.
- Students are expected to login every day of the session. If you are unable to meet this requirement, it is recommended you do NOT register for E-School.
- One summer school day is equivalent to one week of regular school.
- E-School summer session is a compact, accelerated program (not self-paced). Excessive absences will lead to disciplinary action, which may include reduction in course grade, not earning course credit, and/or release from summer program without refund.
- If you are planning a summer vacation or trip, E-School may not be the platform for you. If you elect to enroll in E-School and are on a trip, you are still REQUIRED to log in every day to complete assignments.
- YOU WILL NOT BE GRANTED EXTENSIONS OR ALLOWED TO MAKE UP ANY ASSIGNMENTS DUE TO A TRIP, VACATION, COMMUNITY SERVICE, JOB, SPORTING EVENT (TOURNAMENT), ETC.
- All DOE Chapter 19 and E-School rules apply. In addition, regulations from the Department of Education Chapter 19 - subchapter 3, STUDENT MISCONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE IN SUMMER SCHOOL will be strictly enforced.
- Parents: Please read Chapter 19 Letter to Parents: https://goo.gl/RdNtZJ
- In order to withdraw from an E-School course, parents must email the E-School Summer School office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following information must be included: student and parent first and last names, phone number, course name, and reason for withdrawal. Processing may be delayed if all information is not provided.
- If E-School does not receive an official request via email from the parent to withdraw from a course, the student will remain in E-School and receive the grade earned that will be reflected on the official DOE transcript.
- Do not contact your primary school or counselor to withdraw from E-School. Parents/guardians must contact email@example.com to drop classes.
- Students withdrawing from E-School summer courses on or before June 12, 2019: may receive a full refund and no mark on transcript.
- Students withdrawing from June 13 - June 19, 2019: NO refunds and no mark on transcript.
- Students withdrawing from June 20 - July 11, 2019: NO refunds and student will receive a "W" on their transcript.
- Deadline to withdraw is July 11, 2019
- Reports cards will be sent out for Quarter 1 and Quarter 2/Semester 1.
- Grades for DOE students will be posted to transcripts by OITS/Infinite Campus office in the Fall semester.
- For non-Hawaii DOE students, please have your primary school counselor or registrar contact E-School directly for a final report card. We do not provide transcripts, only report cards.
SUMMER SCHOOL STAFF
- Charles Souza, Director
- Kammie Hayashibara, Ed.D., Assistant Director
- Jan Sniffen, E-School Clerk, Payments / Refunds
- Paula Li, E-School Support Coordinator
For inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org