THE PHYSICS MAIL SYSTEM IS NOW FORWARDING-ONLY
No longer able to send email because of Physics mail changes? Need to change your outgoing mail settings to another SMTP/outgoing server?
(re: Last step - Test by sending someone else/a different address a message rather than yourself - g.harvard/gmail may treat it as a duplicate of the message and not show it in your Inbox, but in Sent.)
Open Settings and look under Mail, Contacts & Calendar
If using Google mail (g.harvard.edu or gmail.com) this should already be set. If using another mail system/app such as Outlook, check the settings inside the app
Google Web Mail
If you are using the Google web mail interface and have your Physics address set up there, you’ll need to:
- Go to Settings (gear icon)
- Click Accounts and Import
- Make sure your Google address is marked as ‘default’ (if not, click ‘make default')
- Under Send Mail As make sure "When replying to a message:” to “Always reply from default address"
- Delete the Physics entry there as you won’t be able to send mail from it any longer.