Hartselle City Schools
May 4, 2020: Announcements & Updates
Responding to the census is not only your civic duty; it also affects the amount of funding your community receives, how your community plans for the future, and your representation in government. Specifically, data from the 2020 Census are used to:
• Ensure public services and funding for schools, hospitals, and fire departments.
• Plan new homes and businesses and improve neighborhoods.
• Determine how many seats your state is allocated in the House of Representatives.
Hartselle City Schools will hold Kindergarten Registration on May 5 – May 14, 2020, on Mondays -Thursdays, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., at the Central Office – 305 College Street, NE.
Forms may be printed from the website: hartselletigers.org, then scroll down to Kindergarten Registration; or, forms may be picked up at the Central Office.
Out-of-District applications for Kindergarten Registration will be accepted during these dates as well. There is a $25.00 application fee for each out-of-district student request.
Please bring the following documents for all registration:
- Custody Agreements (if applicable) signed by a judge.
- Current Utility Bill (within the last 60 days)
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Parent/Guardian Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Immunization Record
For questions, please call 256-773-5419 or click here for all forms.
Hartselle City Schools will be accepting applications for Substitute Teacher and Support positions for the 2020-2021 school year on May 11 – July 30, 2020. Applications may be picked up at the Central Office – 305 College Street, NE, on Mondays – Thursdays, from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
All applicants must have completed a fingerprint background clearance through the Alabama State Department of Education. Fingerprint appointments may be scheduled by calling 256-773-5419 – ask for Kim.
To substitute as a Teacher or Instructional Aide, you must have one of the following:
- A valid Alabama Teaching Certificate, or
- A valid Alabama Substitute License
To substitute as a nurse, you must have one of the following
- A valid Alabama LPN license, or
- A valid Alabama RN license
To substitute as a custodian or cafeteria worker, you must have a high school diploma and pass a background clearance.
For questions, please call 256-773-5419.