Hartselle City Schools

#MakeItCount #WeAreHartselle

May 4, 2020: Announcements & Updates


Responding to the census is not only your civic duty; it also affects the amount of funding your community receives, how your community plans for the future, and your representation in government. Specifically, data from the 2020 Census are used to:

Ensure public services and funding for schools, hospitals, and fire departments.

Plan new homes and businesses and improve neighborhoods.

Determine how many seats your state is allocated in the House of Representatives.

Hartselle City Schools will hold Kindergarten Registration on May 5 – May 14, 2020, on Mondays -Thursdays, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., at the Central Office – 305 College Street, NE.

Forms may be printed from the website: hartselletigers.org, then scroll down to Kindergarten Registration; or, forms may be picked up at the Central Office.

Out-of-District applications for Kindergarten Registration will be accepted during these dates as well. There is a $25.00 application fee for each out-of-district student request.

Please bring the following documents for all registration:

  • Custody Agreements (if applicable) signed by a judge.
  • Current Utility Bill (within the last 60 days)
  • Certified Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Parent/Guardian Valid Driver’s License
  • Valid Immunization Record

For questions, please call 256-773-5419 or click here for all forms.

Hartselle City Schools will be accepting applications for Substitute Teacher and Support positions for the 2020-2021 school year on May 11 – July 30, 2020. Applications may be picked up at the Central Office – 305 College Street, NE, on Mondays – Thursdays, from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

All applicants must have completed a fingerprint background clearance through the Alabama State Department of Education. Fingerprint appointments may be scheduled by calling 256-773-5419 – ask for Kim.

To substitute as a Teacher or Instructional Aide, you must have one of the following:

  • A valid Alabama Teaching Certificate, or
  • A valid Alabama Substitute License

To substitute as a nurse, you must have one of the following

  • A valid Alabama LPN license, or
  • A valid Alabama RN license

To substitute as a custodian or cafeteria worker, you must have a high school diploma and pass a background clearance.

For questions, please call 256-773-5419.