Weaver High School
Excellence from All, for All
In addition to core course requirements as outlined by the State of Connecticut, Advanced Placement courses, dual enrollment in college level courses and internships, each school on the Weaver campus will also have specialized coursework options:
High School, Inc. – Hartford’s Insurance & Finance Academy
Journalism & Media Academy
- Financial Services
- Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Video and TV Production
- Media Experience
- Practicum Journalism and Media
- Digital Photography
- Graphic Design
Welcome Message from Executive Principal Glynis Richardson
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Community Partners,
Welcome to the new school year! Thank you for entrusting us with your son’s/daughter’s high school career. In May 2019, our Superintendent of Hartford Public Schools, Dr. Leslie Torres-Rodriquez, with Board approval, appointed me as the Executive Principal at Weaver High School. In this role, I have managerial oversight of the entire school campus (which includes Kinsella Magnet High School) as well as the principalship of Weaver High School. Since my appointment, I have been working diligently to ensure that the Weaver Community, with a priority on student success, is ready for the grand re-opening of our beloved school.
Although I moved to the greater Hartford area nearly two years ago, I have been in education for nearly twenty-five years. Most recently, I have been engaged in developing school leaders across the country. As I settle into Hartford, I am deeply appreciative of how this strong community has advocated for our students and embraced me into it. I am honored to take on this great opportunity as we transition into the new building.
To address the academic and socio-emotional needs of all our students, staff has collaborated to develop a comprehensive and strategic school improvement plan of the following actions:
- Instruction aligned to grade level standards to advance students academically
- Student centered instruction with learning programs and activities to address and meet our students at their various levels
- Opportunities for extended learning to support individualized socio-academic needs
- Enrichment activities designed to expose and engage our students with college and career activities/opportunities, and real-life work experiences
We are gearing up for a great school opening and year guided by the following behavioral expectations:
- We work together and support each other.
- We are always prepared to do our best.
- We own and learn from our mistakes.
- We embrace productive struggles.
- We respect and accept our differences.
- We respectively consult before we confront.
As we prepare for a great school year, please re-enforce the importance of a positive mindset, regular school attendance, and a daily focus on schoolwork as a family. Also, please review the enclosed materials regarding attendance and school uniforms. We will see you on August 27, 2019 at 7:05 am (breakfast time) for the opening of school!