Working Papers

Working papers are required for all 16 & 17 year old minors. Working papers are obtained in the SMSA Guidance Office upon presentation of a promise of employment from the employer.

Permitted Occupations/Hours of Work

· Permitted Occupations/Working Hours for 14 & 15 year olds

· Permitted Occupations/Working Hours for 16 & 17 year old minors

Other information for youth/workers under the age of 18

Questions? Call the Wage & Workplace Standards Division at (860) 263-6791 or visit the Department of Labor website at www.ct.gov/dol