RSCO Transportation Customer Service Center
Hours of Operation: 5 a.m.-8 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Burke directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 695-5390.
RSCO transportation services are administered according to the following guidelines:
Transportation Questions: Call 860-524-4077 if you are a/an:
- Hartford student attending an out-of-district magnet school
- Suburban K-12 student attending an out-of-district magnet school
- Open Choice student (Hartford or suburban; exception: Plainville Open Choice students should call the Plainville school board at 860-793-3210)
- Suffield Agriscience Center student
- Connecticut Technical High School student
Transportation Questions: Call 860-695-8547 if you are a:
- Hartford student attending an interdistrict magnet in Hartford
- Hartford student attending A.I. Prince Technical High School
If your child attends a magnet school program located in the district where you reside, the local district provides transportation.
Generally, transportation is available during regular school hours for K-12 students who:
- reside in towns included in the RSCO transportation zone; and
- attend out-of-district programs offered through RSCO (Open Choice, interdistrict magnet schools, Connecticut Technical High Schools, and Suffield Agriscience Center).
For students in grades PK3 and PK4, transportation is available to Hartford resident students attending an out-of-district program only. For non-Hartford resident PK3 and PK4 students, the parent/guardian shall arrange transportation. A stipend - paid at the end of the school year and based on the child's attendance - is available.
If you live outside the RSCO Transportation Zone two options are available. Families may:
- transport the student themselves to and from school, and then request a stipend (paid at end of year based on child's attendance); or
- transport the student to the closest available stop located within RSCO's transportation zone (there is no stipend for this option).