Students' Steps to Achieve Success
Classroom Organization & Management
- Have appropriate materials for each class daily.
- Keep an organized and up to date notebook.
- Label all assignments with your full name and date.
- Write your homework assignments in your agenda notebook daily.
- Follow the school wide expectations daily: Respect Yourself, Respect Others and Respect and Take Care of Our School.
- Keep all electronics/cellular phones out of sight and muted. Electronics/cellular phones will be confiscated if students choose to use them or if they are seen or heard by staff members.
- Check with teachers for make-up assignments. Make-up work is the student's responsibility.
- Keep candy, gum or soda out of the building. Such items will be confiscated and/or discarded.
- Take responsibility for keeping our school beautiful by not damaging or writing on school property.
- Keep classrooms, halls, and grounds free from trash. Use the trash cans in and around the building.
- Select a regular place, free from distraction, for study at home.
- Use school or city after school homework services to help you.
- Use your daily agenda.
- Walk into class and quietly be seated while you prepare yourself and your work area for the day.
- Participate in class activities and complete classroom assignments.
- Complete homework assignments. Homework is an important part of your learning and helps build a strong work ethic.
- Set aside time each day for study and homework.
Agendas - It is required that each student in grades 1st through 8th use an agenda book while PreK3, PreK4 and Kindergarten receive a handbook rules handler printed on heavy stock for maximum durability. Both the agenda and the handbook handler are to be used for the following:
- Record student's class work and homework assignments in academic and Specials classes each day.
- Provide an effective and regular means of communication between home and school.
- Monitor the student's own progress.
*It is the responsibility of every student to have this notebook agenda at all times. Parents should review the agenda daily as a way to keep informed about important information regarding their child. If the agenda or handbook rules handler is lost, you will be required to buy another for $5.00.