Link Naviance & Common App
FOR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENT PROCESSING
Follow the following steps to request teacher recommendations, to match your Common App account and to request transcripts.
CMS Teacher/Counselor Recommendations:
● For Teacher Recommendations: Go to Naviance > Colleges I’m applying to > Letters of Recommendation > Add Request. Select the teacher(s) in the dropdown and click Add Request. Reminder: You must also ask your teachers in person to write a letter of recommendation using the form found on the Counseling Office website.
* IMPORTANT – You will need to specify to your teacher recommenders which colleges you want them to SUBMIT your letter to. Many colleges limit the number of teacher recommendations you can have submitted electronically, so be careful to monitor that when adding your teacher recommendation requests.
● For Counselor Recommendation: You will need to complete the School Counselor Recommendation Form and a Senior Brag Sheet. This must be done at least 3 weeks prior to application submission.
Match Common App in Naviance
Match the Common App to Naviance once the FERPA authorization is complete (see instructions under COMMON APP).
● Go to Naviance > Colleges > Colleges I’m Applying To.
● enter the email address you used to create your Common App account.
*Note: If you have not completed the FERPA authorization in the Common App, you will not be able to match your account. Please go back to Common App to complete FERPA information before matching your accounts between the Common App and Naviance (instruction under the Create CA Account).
● See your school counselor.