HCMS Art Studio
Visit this site for information and the latest updates about our HCMS Art Classroom .
Week of Jan. 14-18, 2019
Please register your student for www.artsonia.com so that you can see your child's art in our online gallery. Your child will receive 10 BONUS points if you register. You should see a notice with your child's code coming home to you this week. Contact me for details if needed.
WEEK three.....3rd 9 weeks
THIS WEEK'S AGENDA (Jan. 14-18, 2019)
- RTI: 6th grade select band students who meet with me during 1st period will have class on M, T, Th & F of this nine weeks. Students were introduced to the art element line on Friday. Students worked on creating patterns with line. This week students will use zen tangle patterns to create a piece of art that will be added to their ARTSONIA web gallery.
- 6th Grade: Students will be working with the art element line this week and creating zen tangle patterns that will be transformed into a piece of presentable art. Check out their ARTSONIA web galleries to see the work they completed last week.
- 7th Grade: Students will be working on drawing skills this week as they use value to add shading to basic shapes to transform them into 3D forms. They will then take their shading a step further as they apply their technique to draw real objects.
- 8th Grade: Students will begin a painting project this week reflecting on the art of Pop Artist, Andy Warhol. Each student will select a Pop Culture icon or product as their subject matter.
8th Maroon/Advanced Art:
- Students will finish their shaded eye drawing with a reflection this week. The next project they will work on is a proposed drawing for the Starry Night poster. The Starry Night committee will choose one poster proposal from those submitted from the Middle & High School. The Starry Night event will take place in April.
art is a language that everyone speaks......
PARENTS STAY CONNECTED:
SIGN UP FOR YOUR CLASS REMIND APP: this is a resource to receive reminders of activities and assignment due dates. Click the link for your class.
RTI 6th grade band: https://www.remind.com/join/76f9739
6th Grade Gold & Maroon: https://www.remind.com/join/f7bfagg
7th Grade Maroon: https://www.remind.com/join/43b2a4
8th Grade Gold: https://www.remind.com/join/8a64h9k
8th Grade Advanced Art: https://www.remind.com/join/99a38g
YOU CAN REACH MRS. PULLIAM at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 859/234-7123 (leave a message and a call will be returned asap). Planning period 1st & 3rd nine weeks is from 1:15-2:10pm & 2nd & 4th nine weeks from 8:00-8:40am.
Here are some samples of student art from the 2nd 9 weeks...choose to open in a new tab to see details of these works......Also, see more samples by visiting www.artsonia.com and type in Harrison County Middle School.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: THE DISTRICT WIDE STARRY NIGHT EVENT IS SCHEDULED FOR SAT., APRIL 27TH, 2019 AT HCHS. This event features arts talent-showcase from all HC District schools....................and it's FREE!!!!