Hampton park Fishing derby!
Sunday, June 16th 2019
Sunday, June 16th
- Registration: 9:45 am
- Fishing starts at 10:00 am
- Fishing stops at 12:00 pm
- Prizes and awards from 12:00 - 12:15pm
$5 suggested donation to the Chesterfield Food Bank
- Biggest Fish 3yr - 8yr
- Most Fish 3yr - 8yr
- Biggest Fish 9yr - 12yr
- Most Fish 9yr - 12yr
- Biggest Fish 13yr - 18yr
- Most Fish 13yr – 18yr
- Catch a tagged fish and enter in a drawing to win a $50 Dick’s gift card
- Prizes for the following..
- Heaviest Fish - $30 rod n reel biggest
- Most Fish - $30 Rod and Reel Combo
- 2nd heaviest fish - Tackle box with fishing tackle
- 2nd most fish - Tackle box with fishing tackle
- Youngest to catch - Tackle box with fishing tackle
- First fish - Fishing lures in box
HPMC Fishing Derby Rules
· All fish must be caught in and returned to Jubilee Lake.
· Fish caught by an adult may not be given to a child. Adults may help the children but may not set the hook and reel in the fish.
· All qualifying fish must be caught by hook and line. No snagging is allowed.
· Fishing begins promptly at 10am and ends promptly at 12 noon.
· No boat fishing is allowed.
· Night-crawlers will be provided, all other bait is acceptable, but will not be provided.
· Any artificial lure is acceptable except treble hooks used for snagging fish.
· Anyone residing in the Hampton Park neighborhood can fish in the derby. Grandchildren that do not live in the neighborhood are also eligible
· Prizes will be awarded only to children in the age groups (3-8, 9-12, 13-18)
· Adults may fish but any fish caught by an adult will NOT be awarded any prizes.
· Any large fish must be weighed, measured, and recorded by a derby marshal to qualify for a prize.
· Participants must notify a derby marshal of their contestant number while showing them their fish, it will then be recorded and the contestant will then release the fish.
· If you catch a tagged fish you must notify a marshal. You will be entered in a drawing of other tagged fish for the grand prize.