Each August HCS New Teacher Orientation (NTO) that marks the beginning of the Teacher Induction Process for newly-hired staff.
- Begin to establish positive relationships with HCS staff who provide support and resources.
- Deepen understanding of effective strategies for creating a positive classroom environment and establishing positive relationships with students that increase student engagement and responsibility.
- Identify and engage in essential instructional planning and delivery information.
New to Profession and New To HCS teachers will receive information about:
- Access to resources for curriculum and instruction.
- Resources and benefits available to HCS employees.
- Policies and procedures relevant to their professional responsibilities.
There are two Google Classrooms: https://classroom.google.com/
Everyone join HCS Induction. This highlights information shared in August and will house Convention Content (for brand new teachers)
HCS Orientation (join code: hrsjbc)
ONLY join If you missed components of Aug 13-16 Orientation. You will receive PD points for your completion of certain activities. IF you were there, do not join this classroom!
Google Drive Folders: Access all of your materials from Orientation Week! They are organized by Day: