Each August HCS New Teacher Orientation (NTO) that marks the beginning of the Teacher Induction Process for newly-hired staff.
- Begin to establish positive relationships with HCS staff who provide support and resources.
- Deepen understanding of effective strategies for creating a positive classroom environment and establishing positive relationships with students that increase student engagement and responsibility.
- Identify and engage in essential instructional planning and delivery information.
New to Profession and New To HCS teachers will receive information about:
- Access to resources for curriculum and instruction.
- Resources and benefits available to HCS employees.
- Policies and procedures relevant to their professional responsibilities.