The school day begins promptly at 7:30 a.m. Students arriving at 7:30 a.m. or after are considered tardy and should obtain a tardy pass before proceeding to their classrooms.
2017 - 2018 Morning Arrival Policy
- Students may arrive starting at 7:00 a.m. each day.
- Students who enter between 7:00 a.m. - 7:05 a.m. should proceed to the breakfast line. If students are not having breakfast, they will wait quietly outside their classroom doors.
- Students arriving after 7:30 a.m. should report directly to the office for a tardy slip.
- Students may enter via the main entrance in the car pick up drop off lane (the entrance alongside the activity room). Parents are asked not to enter through the bus lane (directly in front of the building).
- We strongly urge all parents to drop off their students prior to 7:20 a.m. to allow time to unpack and prepared for the morning announcements starting promptly at 7:30 a.m.
- All parents entering the building during morning arrival (e.g., conferences, cafeteria visits, walking students to class, etc..) must stop by the office to sign in and pick up a white visitors pass.
- Parents are required to escort students into the building for a tardy pass.
Bus Arrival to School
Bus riders will be dropped off in the bus lane directly in front of the building. No students will be permitted in the school prior to 7:00 a.m. except for safety patrols (under Coach Bender's supervision).
Eligibility and Bus Stop Determination
For eligibility and bus stop information, please check your bus stop, pick-up and drop-off times by visiting HCS Edulog's WebQuery. Please note that bus pick-up and drop-off times are approximate. The bus route times are affected by changes in traffic patterns and ridership. Bus schedules are subject to change during the school year and parents should visit the HCS transportation website for updates.
Car (Drop-off) in the Morning
Students may be dropped off in the car (drop-off) lane starting at 7:00 a.m. and no later than 7:20 to ensure on-time arrival. Students should enter the main entrance near the office from the carpool lane and report to the cafeteria for breakfast or after 7:30 a.m. report directly to office for a tardy slip. The car pick and drop off is a very busy and crowded time, please be courteous and cautious of other drivers and walkers.
Car (Drop-off) Rules
- Be on time for morning drop off.
- Do NOT block buses or other neighborhood traffic from getting through Concord Drive intersection.
- Do NOT unload students in front of the building (bus lane).
- Do NOT pass the other cars in the car (drop-off) lane.
- All students must enter and exit the car from the passenger's side.
- Parents and/or guardians please remain in the car.
- Please follow the instructions of the staff member on duty and pull up to the furthest cone to keep the car (drop-off) line moving.
- Do NOT talk on cell phones, blue tooth or text while in carpool line.
- Do NOT leave your car unattended in car (drop-off) lane.
- Do NOT block the handicapped ramp or pedestrian crosswalk.
Walkers in the Morning
The walk zone is one mile within the school zone. Students who live within the specified walk zone are not eligible for bus transportation. If you choose to park nearby and walk your child into school in the morning, please be mindful of the appropriate places to park. Please do not park in no parking zones, the car (pick-up/drop-off) lane, or in front of the building (bus lane). Always cross at the crosswalks and obey the crossing guard and safety patrols on duty.
Between 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. teachers are responsible for receiving students and getting them started for the day's instructional lessons. This is not a good time talk to your child's teacher. Teachers are not available for meetings during morning arrival. Please make the appropriate arrangements through the main office if conferencing is needed.
Kraft Elementary School
Address | 600 Concord Drive, Hampton Va. 23666-2250 Phone | 757.825.4634
Copyright © 2017 Hampton City Schools. All Rights Reserved. One Franklin Street, Hampton, Virginia, 23669 757-727-2000 The Hampton City School Division is not responsible for the contents of any off-site webpages referenced from HCS servers. Hampton City Schools Non-Discrimination Notice - HCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or other protected classes in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Robin G. Ruth, Executive Director, Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669 757-727-2000.
Last Updated 03/20/2018