Grants & Funding
Hamilton High School faculty and staff, if you are interested in applying for funding from the Booster Club, please complete the Funding Request Form (below). If you have a question or concern, and need to speak with a Booster Club representative, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Hamilton Booster Club Funds: Grant Request Process
The Hamilton Booster Club is a non-profit organization comprised of parents, family members and guardians of current Alexander Hamilton High School students. We exist to support the entire school, include each SLC and Magnet program. We raise funds and provide volunteers in order to improve the educational experience of all students.
In an effort to make your request for support as straightforward as possible, we have prepared this FAQ. We look forward to working with you to support the needs of our Hamilton community.
You can find us at www.hamiltonboosterclub.org, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note in our box in the main office.
Who may make requests?
Faculty and staff from any SLC or other school department can make a request when there is a valid need.
What can I ask for?
You can ask for support for anything that will help the students, as long as the request does not violate LAUSD policies. All requests are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. When making a decision, we consider the following:
- Will this request improve academic outcomes for students?
- Does this request nurture and/or protect the emotional and physical wellbeing of students?
- Will this item or service advance programs that allow students to further a chosen field of study or pursue activities that help them become better citizens and more successful adults?
- Will this expenditure only help a few students or will many students benefit over a period of time?
- Is this a disposable or “luxury” item?
How does it work?
- Submit your completed form to the principal to determine whether the item or service is permissible within the rules and guidelines of the school district. The principal may also be aware of resources already available on campus. Once you receive a signature from the principal, the Booster Club will review your request. Please submit requests no less than three weeks before our monthly meeting. Monthly meeting dates can be found on our website www.hamiltonboosterclub.org. There is a box in the main office where you can drop off your completed form.
- If you request is greater than $500, we ask that you make a presentation at a Booster Club meeting. We ask that you limit your presentation to 5 minutes or less. You presentation should be objective and provide us with practical information about the request. Matters pertaining to staff business should not be discussed in this forum.
- We want you to know that we will do our best to accommodate requests but we have limited funds and will try to fund requests that benefit as many students as possible. If we cannot fund your request, we would be happy to work with you identify other resources or donations, when possible.
- We ask that you do your own comparison shopping before submitting requests. Please provide us with documentation comparing pricing and vendor information.
- Once the form is completed and signed, the Booster Club will review it and vote on the request. We will provide a written response.
To print a PDF of these requirements, click here.