The W5YI Group distributes Amateur Radio and Commercial Radio Operator license study materials and preparation aids. Their "Study with the Best" line of Gordon West books and audio study materials are highly praised by amateurs world wide.
The W5YI-VEC sponsors and conducts Amateur Radio Operator examinations at hundreds of locations throughout the United States and in several foreign countries. They also handle Amateur Radio license renewals, address changes, duplicate license. The W5YI-VEC was one of the first to be appointed by the FCC and has been servicing the amateur community for over 25 years.
VE Testing Details
** SATURDAY: 9AM - 4PM **
The exam sessions are open to all, no pre-registration is necessary.
- Walk-ins are welcome anytime during the testing sessions.
- Please help your volunteer examiners and others taking exams by being prepared for your exam and have the following items before you come to the testing room.
- You must have a picture ID. You must also know your Social Security Number.
- Upgrades: You must have your original License and/or current CSCE'S. You must have copies of your License, CSCE'S (if used) for us to keep. A photo ID will need to be shown.
- Please have the exact change for the $14.00 exam fee.
- Bring a blue or black pen, and if necessary, a calculator with memory cleared.
- Please allow a couple of hours for testing and completing paperwork.
- Do not bring a completed form 605, they will be provided and must be signed at the exam session.
NOTICE: Exam results are not final until we file the test session with the VEC. We make every effort to do everything correctly at the test session, but mistakes can be made.
Contact VE is Tommy Davis W5TCD (817-346-0381) email@example.com