Hours of Operation:
The school day, for students, runs from 7:45-2:00 (M, T, Th, F) and 7:45-12:30 (W). The tardy bell rings at 7:50. If students arrive after the tardy bell they need to pick up a tardy slip from the office before going to class.
The school office will be open Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except on holidays)
All visitors are to check in at the office.
- Main office: (808) 575-3000
- Fax: (808) 575-3003
- Student Services: 727-3742
- Health Room: 727-3713
- PCNC: 727-3750
- A+ (After School Care): 575-3006
- A+ (YMCA 9:00-1:00): 242-9007
Parents and community members are invited to park in marked parking spots in the parking lot by the Haiku Community Center and the upper parking lot by the MEO Pre School.
Application for Free and Reduced Meal Program
- Online Meal applications - available 7/15/2017
- Paper application available at the Front Office
- School Cafe online directions
- School Cafe Website
- Deposit cash or checks at the Front Office. Checks are accepted! Note: The Department of Education shall assess and collect an additional service charge of $25.00 for any dishonored (bad) check in accordance with Chapter 40-35.5 H.R.S.). Haiku School will also maintain a list of individuals and organizations that have presented dishonored (bad) checks for payment. Check writing privileges will be suspended. Reinstatement of check writing privileges would be subject to administrator's approval.
- If you are having lunch or breakfast with your child, please purchase a ticket at the front office. We are not allowed to take any money at the Cafeteria.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Breakfast is served from 7:10-7:40
- Student breakfast: $1.10
- Reduced breakfast: $0.30
- Second breakfast: $2.40
- Student Lunch: $2.50
- Second entree (student): $2.00
- Reduced Student Lunch: $0.40
- Milk only: $0.60
- Second Meal and Adult: $5.50
Student Drop off and Pick up
Drop off before school:
- The bus will drop off students at the bus stop in front of the office, before school, in the morning.
- Parents may drop off students at the drop off only lane by the flag pole or by the Haiku Community Center parking lot.
Pick up after school, car pickup areas:
All students shall be picked up no later than 15 minutes after the dismissal bell or attend their designated after-school activities (A+, After School Programs, Boys and Girls Club). Students are not allowed to loiter the campus after school.
- The bus will pick up students at the bus stop in front of the office after the school bell rings.
- Parents may pick up students at the drop off only lane by the flag pole or by the Haiku Community Center parking lot.
School bus fees:
-Annual Round Trip -$270 (one application)
-Annual One Way - $135 (one application)
-Quarterly Round Trip - $72 (new application, each quarter)
-Quarterly One Way - $36 (new application, each quarter)
-Coupons - Cash only - $12.50 (new application, each coupon purchase)
-Replacement Card - $5
If youʻd like your child to ride the bus, please stop by the school office and fill out an application. For more information about the bus go to: https://iportal.k12.hi.us/SBT/home.aspx
If you are new to Ha'iku, please stop by our office to register your child. You will need:
- -birth certificate
- -proof of residence (utility bill preferred)
- -immunization records
- -tuberculosis clearance
If you are transferring from another school, you will need:
- -release forms from your other school
- -proof of residence
For more information about enrolling at our school please visit: Enrolling in School
For information specific to Kindergarten please visit: Kindergarten