Guided Discovery is holistic academic and career advising for all students. Visit the Commons Connections desk located on the first floor of Hege Library. We will work with you to:
- Schedule appointments with Guided Discovery staff
- Provide general career advising information and resources
- Assist with internships, jobs, resumes and more.
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Career & Advising walk-in hours 2-4 pm Mon-Thur
- Career & Advising by appointment CLICK HERE and select "Schedule a Meeting"
- Email: GuidedDiscovery@guilford.edu
- Phone: 336-316-2187
How Will Guided Discovery Help You?
- Academic coaching
- Identifying interests
- Setting goals
- Identifying resources
- Campus groups and activities
- Skill building
- Volunteering and community service and learning
- Study away and abroad
- Building your success team
- Interest and skill assessment
- Professional portfolios
- Resume and professional writing
- Graduate school navigation
- Interviewing and networking skills
Guided Discovery supports holistic life preparedness for Guilford College students with integrated academic and career advising. Through intentional exploration of their interests, talents, motivations, and goals, each student will design a personalized success team of faculty, staff, peers, alumni, and community members, ultimately becoming the leader of their own team. Guilford Guides will collaborate with students and their teams to explore areas of intellectual curiosity, identify pathways to meaningful engagement, and map out ways to thrive and excel in their college and post-college journeys. Students will be, therefore, better equipped to compete in and adapt to the ever-changing career landscape they face after graduation.
Points of Wellness and Preparedness
Being intentional about wellness is essential to your success - inside and outside of the classroom. The seven points of wellness that we will focus on together are outlined below. These skills will help you transition to college, succeed in classes and thrive in any environment after you graduate.
- Reflective Curiosity
- Healthy Communication