Google Sites for Students
Google Sites is the Google Apps website creation tool. Students can use Sites to create a digital portfolio, collaborative project, etc. Sites integration with Drive allows students to insert docs, presentations, drawings, photo, videos, etc. Like all Google Apps tools, Sites provides the ability for your students to share with the world.
Learn the Basics
- Create a Site
- Create and Move Pages + Navigation Options
- Themes, Colors, Fonts
- Insert, Edit, Embed
- Publish Your Site
- Previewing Site
- Complete - "New" Google Sites YouTube Playlist
Making it Happen in Your Classroom
- Decide what content you would like your students to add to their website.
- If focus is digital portfolio go to Digital Portfolio Resources
- Determine how students will share the website address (URL). Options:
- Create a Google Form
- Send students the form via Google Classroom or link on website.
Copy/paste the following instructions into the challenge/assignment you are providing for your students.
- Honors Geography
- Multiple Subjects
- Culinary Arts (CTE)
- Digital Fabrication (CTE)
- Digital Portfolio Resources
Small Group Presentations
- Challenge: Gender Stratification of Campus
- Challenge: What Influences Political Ideology?
Multiple classes or Schools