Be sure to check back here frequently for news about new band activities and what we are up to throughout the year.
Please check Symphonic Band, Drumline, and Colorguard pages to see what is happening/going to happen
Winter Guard practices:
Tuesday from 3-6
Thursday from 5:30-9
Winter Drumline practices:
Mondays from 3-6
Thursdays from 3-6
Here are links to our show music for the 2017 marching season!
Distorted (movement 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KlY1BREslk
Reve Rouge (movement 2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcEYthsf_Q
Pursuit (movement 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA5ZtteA-TM
Urban (movement 4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iNEzWJ_mBU
"early is on time, on time is late"
Make sure you are at all of the following!
(All are mandatory unless marked optional during the marching season)
After School rehearsal times and places (Marching Season)
Mondays 6:00pm-9:00pm on the football field
Thursdays 3:00pm-6:00pm on the HOC field
September 30th (Saturday) 8am-3pm rehearsal
October 2 and 5 (Monday and Thursday) 6pm-9pm on football field
October 7 @ Scripps Ranch High School
Call time: 1:30pm - 10pm
October 14 @ Rancho Buena Vista High School
Call time: 9:30am - 6:30pm
October 21 @ Poway High School
Call time: 10:30am - 11pm
October 28 @ Mt Carmel High School
Call time : 5am
November 1 @ Costa Mesa High School
Meet at lunch
November 11 Semi Finals @ El Modena High School
Call time: 11am
West Hills will perform at 3:55 pm.
Tickets are $15 for Adults and $10 for Students and Seniors (65+)
November 18 State Finals @ West Minster High School
Call time: 8:30am
West Hills performs @ 12:09pm
Things to know for competitions:
1. Bring a jacket...it always ends up getting cold
2. Bring $10+ for competition food/souvenir type things
3. Lots of water...just like practices and football games...stay hydrated!
4. Find a good bus buddy...you will be with them on the bus on the way there and back
5. Make sure you have all the necessary instrument things (valve oil, slide oil, etc...)
6. Bring snacks if you cannot afford to bring money for competition food
7. Bring ear buds, portable phone chargers, etc...
8. Bring your respect and positive can-do attitude! Remeber...we are representing West Hills!
Football game call times
Call Time : 5pm unless told otherwise
Friday, October 6, not performing half-time
Last football game : November 3
1. For girls and guys with long hair : hair must be up in a bun
2. Black gloves
3. All pep tunes in a flip book with a liar
4. Have money if you would like to buy food
(you can store your phone and money in the pocket in your uniform)
5. Have a positive can-do attitude
***To incoming freshman/new marchers***
Here are 10 tips that you need to know for band camp and practices!
1, No milk before band camp/practices/competitions; as this will result in being sick
2. Make sure you wear sunscreen/have sunscreen at every practice and competition
3. Tennis-shoes at practices only (converse are okay but if you have real tennis-shoes wear those)
4. Have a hat and a pair of sunglasses in your locker at all times (as well as sunscreen)
5. Always have your music and a pencil and an eraser on you (No pens)
6. You should always have at least a half gallon of water (Walmart sells gallon water bottles for cheap)
7. No jeans!!! (you need to be able to move/stretch/run)
8. Be on time! By on time I mean early! (call time at 5pm? Be there at 4:45)
9. Have all pep tunes in a flip book and have a liar for football games (if you need these things talk to your section leader)
10. Always have a positive attitude and pay attention at all times!