Financial donations to store
You can give financially to help the Store directly. Your donation is fully tax deductible. Please send a contribution today. Make checks payable to Guadalupe Valley Habitat for Humanity. For more information on how to make a financial donation to the Store call our office.
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 87, Seguin, Texas 78156-0087.
Cars for Homes
Vehicle donations go a long way towards helping the Guadalupe Valley Habitat for Humanity build houses in partnership with families in need of decent, affordable shelter. It is quick and easy to donate your car, truck, boat, RV, trailer, construction equipment or other vehicle, running or not! Vehicle donations to Habitat for Humanity may be eligible for a charitable tax deduction.
By donating a car to our vehicle donation program, Cars for Homes™, you can help Guadalupe Valley Habitat for Humanity build houses in partnership with families in need of a hand up, not a hand out. The typical Habitat House in Seguin costs between $65,000 to $75,000. Your donated vehicle will help us purchase materials needed to construct new homes in Seguin and Guadalupe County.
Vehicles donated in Guadalupe County will directly benefit Guadalupe Valley Habitat for Humanity. The zip codes served within the county are 78108, 78115, 78121, 78123, 78124, 78130, 78140, 78154, 78155, 78638, 78648, 78655, 78666, and 78670. You can also designate that your donated vehicle should benefit Guadalupe Valley Habitat for Humanity if you live outside of our served area.
For more information on how to donate a car, contact one of our expert customer service representatives at (877) 277-4344.
The Store accepts new merchandise, building materials, gently used furniture, working appliances, tools, lighting and other household goods. The proceeds from the store sales are used to fund Habitat building projects.
Donated items can be dropped off at the Habitat Store during operating hours. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law and a donation acknowledgement slip can be provided. Please do not leave any donations while our store is closed.
We do offer a pickup service for larger items. Pickups are normally done on Tuesdays during store hours, 8:30 AM – 2 PM. The zip codes we service are: 78155, 78156, 78115, 78123, 78638, 78130, 78124, 78131, 78135.
If you would like to schedule a pickup of merchandise, please call us at the store (830) 386-3047 or contact us via e-mail at email@example.com to arrange.
List of Items Accepted / Items Not Accepted
We accept, depending on our needs:
· Working appliances: air conditioners, refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, washers, electric dryers
· Cabinets and counter tops
· Furniture: rockers, couches, daybeds, night stands, coffee tables, desks, dining tables and chairs, etc.
· Doors (interior and exterior)
· Electrical supplies, lamps, flat screen TVs, Computers
· Flooring (carpet must be stain and odor free)
· Lawn equipment, mowers, edgers, etc.
· Lighting fixtures and ceiling fans(complete)
· Lumber and building materials, trim, plywood, flooring
· Mirrors ( framed)
· Plumbing and electrical supplies
· Sinks, tubs, and shower enclosures
· Power and hand tools
· Windows (double pane)
We do not accept:
· Cribs, car seats, kids toys, clothes
· Food, clothing, or shoes
· Headboards, bed rails, mattresses
· Computers below Windows 7, monitors, keyboards, printers
· Non-working or broken items
· Blinds (loose, not in box)
· Opened Paint, hazardous chemicals
· Used toilets
· Linens, unframed mirrors or glass
· Food, alcohol