Automated Energy Efficient Sensory and Response Systems with Micro;bits
Students will be coding Microbits to control lighting and watering and potentially environmental monitoring as well. The goal is to find a more efficient and energy wise methods of growing plants for a colony on the Moon or Mars. This is an integral part of the project and will involve teaching the kids all about the Engineering Design Process while they solve real-world problems that will help us to develop a viable colony.
Student Steps to follow
A. Temperature Sensor for your Mars Habs and Greenhouses
B. Automated Watering System
D. Environmental Monitoring System
1. LIVING SPACE
2. Calibrate your microbit!
3. Use Living Space to make a CO2 alarm for your hab!
E. Come up with your own idea?
1. Use the LED lights somehow?
2. What about a buzzer or alarm?
3. What can you do with that metal tape?
F. Struggling with Microbits?
1. Try some basics
2. You can be a CSA Junior Astronaut instead! /